CSD on Corr Wireless...possible?

Hi,
I live in Northern Alabama, and my wireless service provider is a small
company called Corr Wireless (GSM 1900). I have a Nokia 3600 phone (same
as Nokia 3650). I want to use this phone to connect to internet using
the phone as dialup modem. Now I tried to use infrared as well bluetooth
connection through my laptop. My phone does dial my ISP number but soon
after dialing the number my phone hangs up.
I know my phone company has to support CSD protocol for these kind of
data calls but customer representatives for this company has never heard
of CSD or using a cell phone as fax modem. Now I do understand that
there is pretty good chance that this company doesn't support CSD, but
there any one who knows for a fact whether or no Corr Wireless supports
CSD and is there any test that I can perform to find out CSD support by
my phone company? Thanks.

Rhoniel
1 answer Last reply
More about corr wireless possible

    <snip>
    > there any one who knows for a fact whether or no Corr Wireless supports
    > CSD and is there any test that I can perform to find out CSD support by
    > my phone company? Thanks.
    >
    > Rhoniel

    Sorry for the late reply, I think that you have done that test and Corr
    Wireless doesn't support CSD. The only other thing would be to test a data
    call to another cell phone to see if you can pass data. If that works then a
    cell phone connected to your computer at home could provide an internet
    connection. This would be more pratical with a family plan and unlimited
    mobile to mobile. Note as CSD is 9600 baud or 14.4K baud it will be slow,
    using a phone that can be forced into amps and a device like the Ositech
    "King of Hearts" may also be a option:

    http://www.ositech.com/

GSM Wireless Phones Internet Service Providers