Sign in with
Your question

My graphic card has stopped working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 17, 2011 8:19:41 PM

CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium E2200, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)
Memory Slots : DRAM Slot #1, 2 GB (DDR2 SDRAM), DRAM Slot #2, 1 GB (DDR2 SDRAM)
Current (Onboard) graphic card, NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i,Memory Size 256 MB

That is my PC, I have a problem with the graphic card. I can't get signal through the graphic card, so i must connect the cable to the integrated graphic card. I am sure that the slot for the graphic card is working, and the graphic card too. It happened suddenly, i turned off my Pc, and then, the next time i started it up, it couldn't get signal through the graphic card. Since it happened, 2 or 3 times i have started the pc on the graphic card ( that's where i am sure that the graphic card is working).
So...now i am on the onboard graphic card about 3 months, and i still can't get signal through the graphic card. So help i dont know what is the problem... :( 
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 18, 2011 1:24:09 AM

so, what is your current physical graphic card?
have a spare GC? Or you can borrow your friends gc to try in on your PC...
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
November 18, 2011 1:33:05 AM

I really hate to be rude, but "Duh!"

It looks like your discrete video card has died. Two possibilities:
1. The card died. To verify, try the card in another computer. If the card doesn't work there, it is bad.
2. If the card does work in another computer, the problem is likely your motherboard PCIe slot.
Related resources
November 18, 2011 11:44:24 AM

Quote:
so, what is your current physical graphic card?
have a spare GC? Or you can borrow your friends gc to try in on your PC...

i dont understand you exacly what do you tn wto say....you mean, can i open the computer or somihteng ???
btw the current graphic card (onboard)NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i,Memory Size 256 MB
November 18, 2011 11:48:10 AM

Quote:
I really hate to be rude, but "Duh!"

It looks like your discrete video card has died. Two possibilities:
1. The card died. To verify, try the card in another computer. If the card doesn't work there, it is bad.
2. If the card does work in another computer, the problem is likely your motherboard PCIe slot.

Quote:
Since it happened, 2 or 3 times i have started the pc on the graphic card ( that's where i am sure that the graphic card is working).

and for the slot, i have tryed with another graphic card. Same, even that graphic card is not recognized too.
!