Sign in with
Your question

Gts 450 Driver Issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 17, 2011 9:01:48 PM

Hey everyone! So I have a evga gts450 running in my system. Originally I simply installed the drivers that came in the box (dont hate on me). I recently purchases battlefield 3 and when i was playing it, it was kind of glitchy. I looked up some fixes, and decided to update my drivers (finally). I go to the nvidia site, download the drivers for my card (285.62), i run the installer and the screen comes up saying, "Nvidia Installer can not continue:This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I dont really understand what the problem is, the card is recognized in the control panel, device, manager, and speccy, I just had it running! If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

More about : gts 450 driver issue

a b U Graphics card
November 17, 2011 9:23:23 PM

Update to the Nvidia Beta Driver(Or just the driver is fine, beta is just a test but sometime improve other stuff) instead of the GTs 450 evga driver(the Evga driver is just to make software know what it is(What VC you have) awhile nvidia driver gives compatibility(Like setting up 3D and to other stuff)...
m
l
November 17, 2011 9:46:30 PM

legendkiller said:
Update to the Nvidia Beta Driver(Or just the driver is fine, beta is just a test but sometime improve other stuff) instead of the GTs 450 evga driver(the Evga driver is just to make software know what it is(What VC you have) awhile nvidia driver gives compatibility(Like setting up 3D and to other stuff)...

I dont know what your getting at here. I downloaded the plain gts450 driver from the nvidia site. It does not recognize the card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 17, 2011 10:13:05 PM

bluerambo said:
I dont know what your getting at here. I downloaded the plain gts450 driver from the nvidia site. It does not recognize the card.

I Thought you installed the Evga GTs 450 Driver... If you did install the driver, go install the "Nvidia Driver"... You understand the different between the Video Card Driver and the Nvidia Driver? Nvidia Driver is kind of something that gives the card to be able to do more stuff than regular(Like performance boost on some games)... The Video Card Driver is what make your System recognize the Video Card but unable to do some stuff(Mostly involve in gaming) that other card with Nvidia driver cant do(Those card with Nvidia Driver have probably a bit higher FPS than those that dont have the Nvidia Driver)...
m
l
!