how do I turn on the date along with the clock...

....in the lower right of the toolbar.

I used to have the date showing up in my toolbar, but after recovering
from a crash it has disappeared again.

How do I turn it on?

Thanks,

Greg
6 answers Last reply
More about turn date clock

    Go to control pannel and click on date and time icon, then put a check in
    the box.

    "siriusbliss" <junkdrop1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > ...in the lower right of the toolbar.
    >
    > I used to have the date showing up in my toolbar, but after recovering
    > from a crash it has disappeared again.
    >
    > How do I turn it on?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Greg

    Say what? The only way to show the date on the taskbar is, either hover the
    cursor over the time, or expand the taskbar to three lines, unless you use
    some 3rd party software.

    JAX

    "Nick Burns" <thedoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Go to control pannel and click on date and time icon, then put a check in
    > the box.
    >
    > "siriusbliss" <junkdrop1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> ...in the lower right of the toolbar.
    >>
    >> I used to have the date showing up in my toolbar, but after recovering
    >> from a crash it has disappeared again.
    >>
    >> How do I turn it on?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Greg

    Some people said things, and then:-
    JAX added

    It'll cost a few dollars but Alfa Clock does fine for me. Even
    configures to include the day of the week which windows doesn't show on
    the hover these days.

    Look for it in utilities at http://tucows.com - it's try before you buy.

    --
    Richard

    >Say what? The only way to show the date on the taskbar is, either hover the
    >cursor over the time, or expand the taskbar to three lines, unless you use
    >some 3rd party software.
    >
    >JAX
    >
    >"Nick Burns" <thedoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Go to control pannel and click on date and time icon, then put a check in
    >> the box.
    >>
    >> "siriusbliss" <junkdrop1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> ...in the lower right of the toolbar.
    >>>
    >>> I used to have the date showing up in my toolbar, but after recovering
    >>> from a crash it has disappeared again.
    >>>
    >>> How do I turn it on?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Greg

    there's no checkbox, or I would've picked it.

    Greg

    WinXP Pro SP1+

    *****

    siriusbliss wrote:
    > there's no checkbox, or I would've picked it.
    >
    > Greg
    >
    > WinXP Pro SP1+
    >
    > *****
    >
    > Nick Burns wrote:
    >> Go to control pannel and click on date and time icon, then put a
    >> check in the box.
    >>
    >> "siriusbliss" <junkdrop1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> ...in the lower right of the toolbar.
    >>>
    >>> I used to have the date showing up in my toolbar, but after
    >>> recovering from a crash it has disappeared again.
    >>>
    >>> How do I turn it on?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Greg

    JAX gave you the correct answer. You will need to expand the Taskbar to at
    least three lines or hover the mouse cursor over the time display to see the
    pop up day/date display. There are also third party programs to do this in
    other ways and on different locations on the screen.
    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Is the check box grayed out..? Is it their at all.

    > there's no checkbox, or I would've picked it.
    >
    > Greg
    >
    > WinXP Pro SP1+
    >
    > *****
    >
    > Nick Burns wrote:
    > > Go to control pannel and click on date and time icon, then put a check
    in
    > > the box.
    > >
    > > "siriusbliss" <junkdrop1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>...in the lower right of the toolbar.
    > >>
    > >>I used to have the date showing up in my toolbar, but after recovering
    > >>from a crash it has disappeared again.
    > >>
    > >>How do I turn it on?
    > >>
    > >>Thanks,
    > >>
    > >>Greg

Configuration Crash Microsoft Customization Windows XP