How much power do i need for my build?

a67codkiller

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Please check out my lineup for by new build and tell me what supply i should get. This is my first build and i dont want to blow it up.

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68

Intel Core i5-2500K

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560 T (SLI eventually)

one HDD and CD drive

G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz

and aftermarket heat sink fan.

I was looking around, and i think that a 750W power supply would cover all of this, and from a good brand of course. Please tell me your recommendations.

Solution
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 52 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply...
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 52 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) will require an additional increase to the combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock you are trying to achieve.

Solution