Note: I think the CNPS12X is overkill. What do you think. They both come with Zalmans special thermal paste (ZM-STG2), it looks good, but should I pick up for arctic cooler? (for the LED's read down to the Case Fan section.)
Note: Like I said above I will be running SLI eventually, and am wondering if the gen3 three will help any bandwidth problem because the cards will have to run in x8? If so I will not be waiting for 6xx, so there would be no reason to go gen3.
Note: Typical question, is speed 1600 with cas 8, and voltage 1.5 better or speed 2133 cas 9, and voltage 1.65 better? Keep in mind the mobo supports both models and that I will be OC'ing eventually. Also will the support another 8 gigs of the same model?
Note: I have heard that both of these are unstable, but it is worth the speed to me. I will eventually be buying another to RAID 0. Do I need the MAX IOPS edition?
HDD: Not buying right now because of the flooding. I have a 1.5T external that can hold me over. I will eventually be wanting to RAID 4 drives that have two running like RAID 0 and the other two backing them up simultaneously. What is this called? I think its' RAID 10, but I'm not sure.
Note: I have to decide if I wanna take a risk with MSI or stay say with eVGA. I'm looking to eventually OC and SLI, so what I'm thinking is that the factory OC'ed card don't matter because I can OC them myself, instead I am looking for the card that can provide the lowest temps at say Core Clock: 1000MHz and Shader Clock: 2000MHz. Which card do you think can maintain the lowest temps? Do you think I should just cut $$ off and go with eVGA's card similar to NVIDIA's reference card?
Note: Given the PCI slots on either Mobo's I will have one PCI Express slot, one PCI slot, and one PCI Express 2.0 x4 free. Eventually I will want a sound card for the PCI Express, and a RAID controller in the x4 slot, so I figure that getting an or adapter for the PCI slot isn't a bad idea. What would you do? (three antenna look cool )
Note: (This ties in the the Kingwin PSU's and the CPU Coolers) I have talked to a lot of people about this and the general consensus is that there is no easy way to have a on/off switch on a fan controller. Is this true? I so, what would be the best way if at all possible to do this or mod something to do it? If I am missing something and someone could like me to a fan controller that could do this that would be great! Less importantly, but equally as cool, is there anyway of also controlling the LED's in the PSU ans CPU cooler all on the same switch as the case fans? That would be sooooo cooooooool!!!!!!!!
Note: Basically now you know all of the components that I will have. So the question is, do I need 1000 watts or is that too much? I think it is, but everyone keeps telling me not to skimp out on the PSU. I Like the LED's in the Kingwin models but have the same problem listed in the Case Fan section above.
As for the suggestion about the SSD, Im really liking the corsair drive. The PSU look solid for cheaper, but I'm not totally sure what semi modular means in this case? The GPU the 448 core looks good. Would it just be worth upgrading to a 570 or is that a waste of money? If I do go with the 448 core will I be able to buy another in 3-5 years when I need to SLI? The case has two problems off the bat, one the Interior is not painted, 2 it goes against the LED theme (I know its changeable but It's not worth it to me.
What you can do is look at what you may intend to do with your Pc now and in 2-3 years as far as what you may add and remember that everything that you add to the Pc does require some watts. There is no rule that says you can only get a certian psu , you can get what ever you want and can afford, who cares if it is overkill the extra watts are not being used untill they are used and they are there if you do need it. If you want to be safe and you can afford it then get a 1000w psu.
I don't know what the production of the 448 core will be and how long they intend on making them , I would say that if you are going to buy one then I wouldn't wait past 2 years to get the second and the sooner the better. If you go for the 570 then the cost will be about $50 more for one card. If you can afford it I would go with the 570 and they will defiitly have those in stock for longer.