Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PC and Laptop repair tools (hardware)

Last response: in Components
April 29, 2012 12:25:46 AM

Country UK

I am not sure if this is correct category to raise this question. Sorry if it isn't!

I am looking to buy tools to build and desktops and laptops.

Thanks
April 29, 2012 2:01:13 AM

Get an antistatic mat and a screw driver with philips and regular head and a pair of pliers.

That is about all I have out in my workshop for putting PCs together. Never needed anything more.
m
l
April 29, 2012 3:37:23 AM

All you need is a set of small to medium philip's head screwdrivers. PC screws tend to strip very easily, so you always want to be using the right size. Sucks to strip a screw and have to back it out with pliers.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 29, 2012 3:47:34 AM

small spanner for motherboard standoffs too, perhaps needlenose pliers in case you drop a screw somewhere silly, but other than that I think it's all been covered.
April 29, 2012 4:06:47 AM

I've always just tightened the standoffs with my fingers. Screwing the board down will apply enough pressure to finish seating them in. Never had one come out when I unscrewed either, though oddly enough one on my video card's DVI port did that yesterday after barely tightening the screw in. Not cross threaded or anything.
m
l
April 29, 2012 8:04:09 AM
April 30, 2012 2:06:11 AM

They're all more than enough!

only other thing you might want is a crimping tool, but it's far from essential.
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:52:51 AM

mi1ez said:
They're all more than enough!

only other thing you might want is a crimping tool, but it's far from essential.

Thank you....I will choose one of them probably the low-priced one.

Thanks every one....
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:54:03 AM

Best answer selected by SSri.
m
l
!