Solved

PC and Laptop repair tools (hardware)

Country UK

I am not sure if this is correct category to raise this question. Sorry if it isn't!

I am looking to buy tools to build and desktops and laptops.

Thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop repair tools hardware
  1. Get an antistatic mat and a screw driver with philips and regular head and a pair of pliers.

That is about all I have out in my workshop for putting PCs together. Never needed anything more.
  2. All you need is a set of small to medium philip's head screwdrivers. PC screws tend to strip very easily, so you always want to be using the right size. Sucks to strip a screw and have to back it out with pliers.
  3. Best answer
    small spanner for motherboard standoffs too, perhaps needlenose pliers in case you drop a screw somewhere silly, but other than that I think it's all been covered.
  4. I've always just tightened the standoffs with my fingers. Screwing the board down will apply enough pressure to finish seating them in. Never had one come out when I unscrewed either, though oddly enough one on my video card's DVI port did that yesterday after barely tightening the screw in. Not cross threaded or anything.
  5. They're all more than enough!

only other thing you might want is a crimping tool, but it's far from essential.
  6. mi1ez said:
    They're all more than enough!

only other thing you might want is a crimping tool, but it's far from essential.

Thank you....I will choose one of them probably the low-priced one.

Thanks every one....
  7. Best answer selected by SSri.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Hardware Components