From: Ashot Shahbazian (tyrebusters(at)covad(dot)net)
Subject: Re: Wavecom GPRS modem drivers

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.gsm
Date: 2004-08-05 22:42:15 PST

Wavecom does not publish drivers for their modems. You can use
Windows
standard modem type drivers. Depending on the modem's firmware it may
have
either 9600 or 19200 baudrate, or could be autobauding to 115K.

If it's a GPRS modem any software that supports GPRS and standard type
modems are supported should work with it. Check your program manual.

There are some integrators that had written drivers for Wavecom
modules and
modems. Please let me know if you happen to find one - I'd be
interested,
too

Good luck ))

Thanx Ashot Shahbazian,

Finally I manage to connect to the Internet using the Wavecom modem.
Yep you have to use the standard 19200 modem. But you need to enter
APN, which standard modem domt have a place to enter, so what I did
was put APN using "AT" commands.

Thanx again for your help.

manjula
8 answers Last reply
More about wavecom gprs modems

    "manjula de alwis" wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am trying to connect to internet using Wavecom fastrack GPRS
    > modem. There no drivers in the web for this type. I can use
    > "at" commands to initiate a voice call and to receive.Can "at"
    > commands use to connect to internet as well, If so can anyone
    > please guide me some guidence.

    This is a common requirement for Linux users, using industry
    standard GPRS "AT" commands. A www.google.com search for "GPRS
    howto" should reveal the fine detail.

    John

    John Henderson <jhenRemoveThis@talk21.com> wrote in message news:<2q5mfaFr10qqU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "manjula de alwis" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Guys,
    > >
    > > I am trying to connect to internet using Wavecom fastrack GPRS
    > > modem. There no drivers in the web for this type. I can use
    > > "at" commands to initiate a voice call and to receive.Can "at"
    > > commands use to connect to internet as well, If so can anyone
    > > please guide me some guidence.
    >
    > This is a common requirement for Linux users, using industry
    > standard GPRS "AT" commands. A www.google.com search for "GPRS
    > howto" should reveal the fine detail.
    >
    > John

    Thanx John,

    It was not easy to find these commands.I found a document which has
    only GPRS specific AT commands and method of configuring the wavecom
    modem.If you guys have any problems in configuring wavecom modems send
    me an email. I may be able to help you out.

    Thanx again 4 u r help.

    Manjula De Alwis
  3. hi, Manjula De Alwis,

    i am using wavecom gsm modem for gprs connectivity,
    i am facing the same problem as you had faced earlier,
    i request you to send those gprs specific at commands document for configuration
    of wavecom modem.

    if i had the document i really greatful to you,

    plz forward that document to my mail id: narsaiah.boda@gmail.com

    thanks in advance.

    regards,
    narsaiah
  4. I am in the same boat. I am attempting to use a wavecom modem to connect to gprs using linux and i have been unable to do so. Any AT commands and pppd options you could provide would be great. I can be reached at bcymet AT cbnco.com.

    Quote:

    John Henderson <jhenRemoveThis@talk21.com> wrote in message news:<2q5mfaFr10qqU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "manjula de alwis" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Guys,
    > >
    > > I am trying to connect to internet using Wavecom fastrack GPRS
    > > modem. There no drivers in the web for this type. I can use
    > > "at" commands to initiate a voice call and to receive.Can "at"
    > > commands use to connect to internet as well, If so can anyone
    > > please guide me some guidence.
    >
    > This is a common requirement for Linux users, using industry
    > standard GPRS "AT" commands. A www.google.com search for "GPRS
    > howto" should reveal the fine detail.
    >
    > John

    Thanx John,

    It was not easy to find these commands.I found a document which has
    only GPRS specific AT commands and method of configuring the wavecom
    modem.If you guys have any problems in configuring wavecom modems send
    me an email. I may be able to help you out.

    Thanx again 4 u r help.

    Manjula De Alwis
  5. HI! Manjula/ All,
    I want to connect Wavecom MOdem to a fix server IP with known Port name nd APN name, Can u plz suggets me AT commands

    Mohit
  6. Hi All.. I'm newbie in gsm modem technology and I'm trying to do the same thing as what you guys did,
    the difference is just that I am using a serial GPRS modem with wavecom chip to connect to a GPS receiver via serial cable.

    What I want to do is to enable gsm connection so that I can do pppd to this receiver.
    Which means i will have another similar modem to call to this modem and establish a dialup link. after the link is established, I would like to do PPP connection to this device.

    Apparently, in the configuration page of this GPS receiver, I need to write down an Init String and Reset String for modem.
    I have no idea and tried to google it, but i found no clues.
    Is there anyone can help me out? How to find the init string ?
    You can send me an email at cruiz_bugs@yahoo.com.

    Feel free to drop me any information because this project is really important for me.
    Thanks a bunch in advance ^__^

    Regards,
    Christine.
  7. MAN..I UNABLE TO CONNECT GPRS USING MY WACECOM MODEM...CAN U HELP ME..saju_sakura[at]yahoo.com
  8. This topic has been closed by Buwish

GSM Drivers Modem Internet