Customizing keyboard 'navigation' keys using Tweak UI

I am trying to change what the 'navigation' keys do on my keyboard. I have
Internet, Email, and Search keys. Internet is good, it opens to my homepage.
But Email opens Outlook Express and instead I would like to change it to
automatically go to my online email homepage. I tried typing in the url, I
tried entering the shortcut for the website and neither one will work. I
would like to change both the Email button and the Search button. Thanks in
advance!

"dark420bishop" <dark420bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to change what the 'navigation' keys do on my keyboard.

This is done in the software for the keyboard. Check in the Control
Panel > Keyboard for the settings or read the manual for the keyboard
to find out how to adjust this.

--
(tm)

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "dark420bishop" <dark420bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to change what the 'navigation' keys do on my keyboard.
>
> This is done in the software for the keyboard. Check in the Control
> Panel > Keyboard for the settings or read the manual for the keyboard
> to find out how to adjust this.
>
> --
> (tm)

Sorry, but you are not correct. This was the first place I tried and there
is nothing there. I don't have a manual for this keyboard because it came
with my new computer. The place to change these buttons is in Tweak UI but I
just can't figure out the proper command line to use. Please help. Thanks
in advance.

"dark420bishop" <dark420bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry, but you are not correct. This was the first place I tried and there
>is nothing there. I don't have a manual for this keyboard because it came
>with my new computer. The place to change these buttons is in Tweak UI but I
>just can't figure out the proper command line to use. Please help. Thanks
>in advance.

TweakUI can only change these settings if your keyboard driver
supports this. In the "Target" field you can enter a command-line to
execute if you want to change this with TweakUI.
Else ask the manufacturer of the computer for help with this, because
this is no Windows issue.

--
(tm)

I can change these settings because it worked already once for me, if I use
the address of another program. But the thing is, I want the "Email" key to
open to my web-based email. It won't let me make the target an internet
shortcut. Is there a command line for internet explorer to force it to open
with a certain page? I think that would work. Thanks for your responses.

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "dark420bishop" <dark420bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Sorry, but you are not correct. This was the first place I tried and there
> >is nothing there. I don't have a manual for this keyboard because it came
> >with my new computer. The place to change these buttons is in Tweak UI but I
> >just can't figure out the proper command line to use. Please help. Thanks
> >in advance.
>
> TweakUI can only change these settings if your keyboard driver
> supports this. In the "Target" field you can enter a command-line to
> execute if you want to change this with TweakUI.
> Else ask the manufacturer of the computer for help with this, because
> this is no Windows issue.
>
> --
> (tm)

"dark420bishop" <dark420bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a command line for internet explorer to force it to open
>with a certain page?

Try
IEXPLORE.EXE {url}

--
(tm)

Damn! This is frustrating. The method you decribed works just fine in the
Run box, but when I put it in the Command Keys section of Tweak UI, it
returns an error "The file does not exist. Please check your typing.
Remember that paths containing spaces need to be enclosed in quotation
marks." I tried with and without quotation marks on the whole thing and it
didn't work.

NO -> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe http://mail.yahoo.com
NO -> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe http://mail.yahoo.com"
YES -> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe" http://mail.yahoo.com

Wow! Finally, I got it! Thanks so much Thorsten, for all your help!!!!!

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "dark420bishop" <dark420bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there a command line for internet explorer to force it to open
> >with a certain page?
>
> Try
> IEXPLORE.EXE {url}
>
> --
> (tm)

"dark420bishop" <dark420bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Wow! Finally, I got it! Thanks so much Thorsten, for all your help!!!!!

You are welcome.

--
(tm)