Americans laugh as the Koran is flushed down the toilet

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 13, 2005 12:38:27 AM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm

The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
were used to rattle suspects.

It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
most holy book "down the toilet".
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:55:06 AM

eq@mailinator.com wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>
> The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
> were used to rattle suspects.
>
> It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> most holy book "down the toilet".

What's surprising about that? Our own government has effectively been
flushing the Bible and the Constitution down the toilet for years to
rattle US citizens.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 2:35:13 AM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Had a democrat president ordered the invasion, the mainstream press
would be doing story after story after story about abuses under Saddam.

<eq@mailinator.com> wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>
> The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
> were used to rattle suspects.
>
> It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> most holy book "down the toilet".
May 13, 2005 4:19:39 AM

Omega d wrote:
> <eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
> :
> : The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
tactics
> : were used to rattle suspects.
> :
> : It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> : most holy book "down the toilet".
> :
>
> Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
religion.
> But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
> years....

Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
Kerry was a Catholic.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 4:26:49 AM

eq@mailinator.com wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>
> The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
> were used to rattle suspects.
>
> It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> most holy book "down the toilet".

Horrors! The world will end. Someone flushed a book. Call a plummer,
and give the book back to its owner!

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
May 13, 2005 8:11:07 AM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
:
: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
: were used to rattle suspects.
:
: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
: most holy book "down the toilet".
:

Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
years....
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:11:08 AM

Omega wrote:
> <eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
> :
> : The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
> : were used to rattle suspects.
> :
> : It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> : most holy book "down the toilet".
> :
>
> Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
> But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
> years....

I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' yesterday
who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment: Congress
shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose
'Monarchy'. Sigh.
No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine how
anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of Rights!

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:02:57 AM

myal wrote:
> Chris Hayes wrote:
> > Omega d wrote:
> >
> >><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> >>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
> >>:
> >>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
> >
> > tactics
> >
> >>: were used to rattle suspects.
> >>:
> >>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of
Islam's
> >>: most holy book "down the toilet".
> >>:
> >>
> >>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
> >
> > religion.
> >
> >>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
> >>years....
> >

> > Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
> > Kerry was a Catholic.
> >

> Hate to point it out to ya , but there isnt a lot the catholic Church
as
> whole has to do with the bible...

Bullshit. Catholics use the Bible as the basis of their religion (and
print their own versions of it). In fact, the books selected for most
versions of the Bible *derive* from what the Catholic Church decided to
put into it when they selected which books to include at the Council of
Hippo at about 400AD. Yeah, most of what passes for the Bible today
was edited by the Catholic Church way back, so who knows what other
Gospels or Scriptures they tried to destroy, not include, or how they
edited it? It stayed pretty much the same for 1100 years until a guy
named Martin Luther came along and an event known as the Reformation
took place and he wanted to remove some books from the cannon
(Revelations, James, 2 Peter, and Hebrews). Outside of a few ancient
sects not under the Church, like the Coptics in Egypt or the Maronites
in Lebanon, every copy of the Bible owes it's existence and most of
it's content to the Roman Catholic Church. You may not like that, but
it's true.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/catholic-intro.html

http://transporter.com/apologia/faq02.htm
Quote:

How can Catholics believe in so many things that aren't in the Bible?

In almost every case, our beliefs are in the Bible, though they require
correct interpretation. However, the Catholic Church teaches that
Divine Revelation consists of Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and
Magisterial Teaching - the three are complementary and inseparable,
just as the Trinity is inseparable.
The idea that the Bible is the final authority for Christians (called
Sola Scriptura) cannot be true for a number of reasons:

a) The Bible never says that it is authoritative but clearly supports
the Pope and the Church as authoritative. Even if it did state it was
authoritative, what proof is that of it's authenticity? Many religions
have books that claim to be inspired by God - why would our Bible be
any different? The Bible does state that "All scripture is inspired by
God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for
training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete,
equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:14-17)." But this passage
does not tell us which books are "inspired" nor could it since some of
those books hadn't even been written when Paul wrote to Timothy.

b) The Bible itself says it can be misinterpreted and that not
everything is contained within it:

"First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture
is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came
by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God"
(2 Peter 1:20-21).

"So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom
given him, speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are
some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable
twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures" (2
Peter 3:15-16).

"But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one
of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not
contain the books that would be written" (John 21:25).

c) The books of the New Testament were not completed until the end of
the First Century, and the Bible did not exist as such until the end of
the 4th Century when the canon of books was determined by the Catholic
Church at the Councils of Hippo (393 A.D.) and Carthage (397 and 419
A.D.). There were many writings by the Apostles that were not included
as part of Sacred Scripture, such as the Gospel of James and the
Apocalypse of Peter. In other words, the Bible only exists because it
was defined by the Catholic Church, the sole authority Christians have
for their belief in its inspired nature. Whether they realize it or
not, our Protestant brothers and sisters believe in the authority of a
Bible written by and defined by the Catholic Church, a belief that
contradicts the idea that the Bible alone is authoritative.

d) The Bible confirms that tradition must be maintained - not the
spiritless practice of the Mosaic Law, which Jesus condemned...

"'This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from
me; In vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines human precepts.'
You disregard God's commandment but cling to human tradition. He went
on to say, 'How well you have set aside the commandment of God in order
to uphold your tradition!'" (Mark 7:6-9).

....but the traditional teaching that Jesus commissioned to the Apostles
(Matthew 28:18-20).

"I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the
traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Corinthians 11:2).

"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you
were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2
Thessalonians 2:15).

(Matthew 18:17-18; 28:18-20; Mark 7:6-9; John 21:25; Acts 2:42; Acts
8:31; 1 Corinthians 11:2; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Thessalonians 2:15; 1
Timothy 3:15; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21, 3:15-16).

Go to any Catholic theology book and you'd notice that they look to
their Scripture (i.e. Bible) first and from there all else follows.

I'm not a Catholic myself (actually an atheist), but I at least
recognize that a Catholics *do* hold the Bible to be important.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:03:58 AM

PayneN.Diaz wrote:
> "Chris Hayes" <hayes1@fadmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Omega d wrote:
> >> <eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> >> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
> >> :
> >> : The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
> > tactics
> >> : were used to rattle suspects.
> >> :
> >> : It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of
Islam's
> >> : most holy book "down the toilet".
> >> :
> >>
> >> Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
> > religion.
> >> But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet
for
> >> years....
> >
> > Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
> > Kerry was a Catholic.
> >

> Perhaps you didn't notice the Catholic church asked him to get in
line or
> resign his membership.

Perhaps you didn't notice that the Church didn't excommunicate him.

> "John Kerry's Catholic problem"
> http://www.townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/ct20040426...
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:14:13 AM

North wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2005 00:30:38 -0500, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net>
> said:
>
> >Omega wrote:
> >> <eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> >> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
> >> :
> >> : The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
tactics
> >> : were used to rattle suspects.
> >> :
> >> : It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of
Islam's
> >> : most holy book "down the toilet".
> >> :
> >>
> >> Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
religion.
> >> But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet
for
> >> years....
> >>

> >I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?'
yesterday
> >who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment:
Congress
> >shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose

> >'Monarchy'. Sigh.
> >No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
> >people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine
how
> >anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of
Rights!

> Because if the Government taught the kids about their rights, the
kids
> would wise up. The Government is depending on more sheeple.

Indeed, the government does see Americans as children/things and treats
them as such:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/wallace/wallace146.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/hermann-hoppe2.html
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 10:41:49 AM

Ron Hunter wrote:

> I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' yesterday

> who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment:
Congress
> shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose
> 'Monarchy'. Sigh.
> No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
> people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine
how
> anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of
Rights!

> --
> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

Remember what C-student-Bush said at Yale: "you too can be President."
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:47:02 AM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 04:11:07 GMT, "Omega" <2121(d)@insightbb.com> wrote:

><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>:
>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>: were used to rattle suspects.
>:
>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>: most holy book "down the toilet".
>:
>
>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.

Yeah. Perish the thought. Imagine someone wanting to be free FROM religion. You
want to "allow" people freedom to choose whichever religion YOU think is best
for them, as long as they pick one, eh? Interesting idea of religious "freedom"
you have there.

>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>years....

Sounds like you don't mind flushing the Constitution down right behind it. :/
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:49:31 AM

said:

>Omega wrote:
>> <eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>> :
>> : The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>> : were used to rattle suspects.
>> :
>> : It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>> : most holy book "down the toilet".
>> :
>>
>> Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
>> But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>> years....
>>

>I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' yesterday
>who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment: Congress
>shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose
>'Monarchy'. Sigh.
>No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
>people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine how
>anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of Rights!

Because if the Government taught the kids about their rights, the kids
would wise up. The Government is depending on more sheeple.

n.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:24:52 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I, As a FREE HUMAN BEING ALREADY HAVE THOSE RIGHTS !!!! The
Constitution is there to LIMIT & RESTRAIN Government from USURPING MY
"INALIENABLE" RIGHTS. But as we all know ,This adminstration has
Dangerously eroded those rights with the magic word of "National
Security". I guess if Bush doesen't read the bill of rights ------"Out
of thought,Out of Mind" !!!
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:27:13 PM

eq@mailinator.com wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>
> The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
> were used to rattle suspects.
>
> It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> most holy book "down the toilet".

Any idea where I could get a toilet like that? I have one that
sometimes balks at just one sheet of TP.

Further, our young people have been taught that such things are not, of
themselves, sacred. Such as our flag. They are only symbols of
something and therefore hold no special requirement for our respect. I
think you could lay that one at the feet of our esteemed Court System.

Ed
USA Ret
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:37:24 PM

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
> >

> > I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?'
yesterday

> > who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment:
> Congress
> > shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She
chose
> > 'Monarchy'. Sigh.
> > No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
> > people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine
> how
> > anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of
> Rights!
> >

> > --
> > Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
>

> Remember what C-student-Bush said at Yale: "you too can be
President."

As long you have the right father.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:46:16 PM

Ron Hunter wrote:
> Chris Hayes wrote:
> > Omega d wrote:
> >
> >><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> >>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
> >>:
> >>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
> >
> > tactics
> >
> >>: were used to rattle suspects.
> >>:
> >>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of
Islam's
> >>: most holy book "down the toilet".
> >>:
> >>
> >>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
> >
> > religion.
> >
> >>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
> >>years....
> >

> > Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
> > Kerry was a Catholic.
> >
> No, and neither does the Catholic Church, given his stand on
abortion...

That's irrelevant for I was responding to Omega's stupid comment.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:51:45 PM

Chris Hayes wrote:
> Omega d wrote:
>
>><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>>:
>>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
>
> tactics
>
>>: were used to rattle suspects.
>>:
>>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>>: most holy book "down the toilet".
>>:
>>
>>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
>
> religion.
>
>>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>>years....
>

> Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
> Kerry was a Catholic.

No, and neither does the Catholic Church, given his stand on abortion...

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 2:04:49 PM

The Watcher wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2005 04:11:07 GMT, "Omega" <2121(d)@insightbb.com> wrote:
>

>><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>>:
>>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>>: were used to rattle suspects.
>>:
>>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>>: most holy book "down the toilet".
>>:
>>
>>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
>

> Yeah. Perish the thought. Imagine someone wanting to be free FROM religion. You
> want to "allow" people freedom to choose whichever religion YOU think is best
> for them, as long as they pick one, eh? Interesting idea of religious "freedom"
> you have there.
>

>>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>>years....
>

> Sounds like you don't mind flushing the Constitution down right behind it. :/
Sorry, too late, the courts have been doing that for years. The new
concept of 'interpretation' is that the constitution has to be
interpreted in relation to what the judge believes applies best for
today, rather than what was INTENDED by the Founding Fathers. In other
words, modern judges believe they are smarter than those old, dead,
guys, so their interpretation is more important, and useful, than the
intent of the framers.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 2:07:20 PM

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>

>>I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' yesterday
>

>>who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment:
>
> Congress
>
>>shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose
>>'Monarchy'. Sigh.
>>No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
>>people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine
>
> how
>
>>anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of
>
> Rights!
>

>>--
>>Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
>

> Remember what C-student-Bush said at Yale: "you too can be President."

Not me, I made A's and B's. Grin.
Frankly, anyone who WANTS the job is unqualified by reason of mental
defect or disease. It should be a 'draft' position!

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:35:23 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Didn't work for the Roman Republic either, IIRC.

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Not me, I made A's and B's. Grin.
> Frankly, anyone who WANTS the job is unqualified by reason of mental
> defect or disease. It should be a 'draft' position!
>

> --
> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:39:50 PM

Gunner wrote:

> Remember what Clinton said at Oxford "I can rape even more coeds and
> still become President"

Yeah, sure.

BTW, I don't believe in "rape." Like the joke goes -- a naked woman
can still run faster than a guy with his pants around his ankles!

> "Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming.
> A cloud of testosterone makes a piss poor flack shield."
> <Offbreed>

"Bring it on!"

-- GW
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 5:39:26 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 04:11:07 GMT, in rec.photo.digital , "Omega"
<2121(d)@insightbb.com> in <vNVge.77456$WI3.43417@attbi_s71> wrote:

><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>:
>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>: were used to rattle suspects.
>:
>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>: most holy book "down the toilet".
>:
>
>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>years....

How so? Do you mean when the courts stopped the government from using
the schools to promote religion?

--
Matt Silberstein

May 13, 2005 5:43:23 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:35:13 -0700, in rec.photo.digital ,
not_giving@you.my.address.com (Willcox) in
<1gwh009.1ckj4y710k0ku6N%not_giving@you.my.address.com> wrote:

>Had a democrat president ordered the invasion, the mainstream press
>would be doing story after story after story about abuses under Saddam.

Which they do now. Do you have a point? Are you suggesting that it is
ok for us to commit abuses since Saddam did as well?

><eq@mailinator.com> wrote:
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>>
>> The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>> were used to rattle suspects.
>>
>> It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>> most holy book "down the toilet".

--
Matt Silberstein

May 13, 2005 5:43:24 PM

Matt Silberstein <RemoveThisPrefixmatts2nospam@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:35:13 -0700, in rec.photo.digital ,
> not_giving@you.my.address.com (Willcox) in
> <1gwh009.1ckj4y710k0ku6N%not_giving@you.my.address.com> wrote:
>
> >Had a democrat president ordered the invasion, the mainstream press
> >would be doing story after story after story about abuses under Saddam.
>
> Which they do now. Do you have a point?

Bullshit, they do story after story of possible abuse by US troops. They
don't even have to confirm it, just the suspicion is enough for the
national news. Most people don't know there were 300 (THREE HUNDRED)
mass graves found in Iraq so far, but one prison scandle is a house hold
name.

> Are you suggesting that it is
> ok for us to commit abuses since Saddam did as well?

No, dumbass. I am suggesting that the mainstream press is heavily
biased. You don't give a damn about Iraq or our troops. You are a
political whore.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:05:36 PM

In misc.survivalism Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net> wrote:

> > Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
> > But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
> > years....
> >

> I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' yesterday
> who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment: Congress
> shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose
> 'Monarchy'. Sigh.
> No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
> people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine how
> anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of Rights!

And not only that, we can form conclusions about all college sudents from
watching one TV show! It is our superior education that allows us to do
that! Just watch, in the future, today's students will have to rely on
statistics, in order to do what we do laying on the couch! Those lazy
bums!

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,

EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com wrote:
> In misc.survivalism Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net> wrote:
>

>>>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
>>>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>>>years....
>>>

>>I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' yesterday
>>who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment: Congress
>>shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose
>>'Monarchy'. Sigh.
>>No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
>>people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine how
>>anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of Rights!
>

> And not only that, we can form conclusions about all college sudents from
> watching one TV show! It is our superior education that allows us to do
> that! Just watch, in the future, today's students will have to rely on
> statistics, in order to do what we do laying on the couch! Those lazy
> bums!

I couldn't make any sense of your post. I have seen a number of college
students, for reputable colleges on that show and not ONE fared as well
one the questions as a Texas farmer with no college! It's rather
depressing.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
May 13, 2005 7:34:41 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 13 May 2005 06:41:49 -0700, "NYC XYZ" <jack_foreigner@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Ron Hunter wrote:
>>

>> I saw a college student on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' yesterday
>
>> who was asked to complete the clause from the First Amendment:
>Congress
>> shall make no law regarding an establishment of --------. She chose
>> 'Monarchy'. Sigh.
>> No WONDER education is so bad here, basics have been discarded, and
>> people don't even know about their basic freedoms. I can't imagine
>how
>> anyone gets our of high school without at least reading the Bill of
>Rights!
>>

>> --
>> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
>

>Remember what C-student-Bush said at Yale: "you too can be President."

Remember what Clinton said at Oxford "I can rape even more coeds and
still become President"

"Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming.
A cloud of testosterone makes a piss poor flack shield."
<Offbreed>
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:43:46 PM

eq@mailinator.com wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>
> The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
> were used to rattle suspects.
>
> It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> most holy book "down the toilet".

No big deal. I went out and bought one and use its pages for toilet paper
myself.

--
Beaner...the greasy meat no one wants or needs.
Anonymous

eq@mailinator.com wrote:

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>
>The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>were used to rattle suspects.
>
>It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>most holy book "down the toilet".

So what? Garbage is garbage.
May 13, 2005 9:42:26 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <Jo3he.5660$i03.3625@fe06.lga>,

>Not me, I made A's and B's. Grin.

Me too, until I hit Vector Calculus, Materials Science, and Complex
Variables.
May 13, 2005 9:45:24 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <5r3he.5665$i03.77@fe06.lga>,

>I couldn't make any sense of your post. I have seen a number of college
>students, for reputable colleges on that show and not ONE fared as well
>one the questions as a Texas farmer with no college! It's rather
>depressing.

The value assumption in your post is that Texas farmers before college
are somehow less well-educated than farmers elsewhere, or non-farmer
Texans.

I grew up on a farm in Texas. Lots of my peers that went to college
majored in Engineering, a few did Finance, Marketing, etc., and I went
for Math and Physics.

So it's not clear that what you're getting at isn't insulting.
May 13, 2005 9:59:08 PM

On 13 May 2005 08:24:52 -0700, "phocas II" <rayadaps@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I, As a FREE HUMAN BEING ALREADY HAVE THOSE RIGHTS !!!! The
>Constitution is there to LIMIT & RESTRAIN Government from USURPING MY
>"INALIENABLE" RIGHTS. But as we all know ,This adminstration has
>Dangerously eroded those rights with the magic word of "National
>Security". I guess if Bush doesen't read the bill of rights ------"Out
>of thought,Out of Mind" !!!

Where were you during the last 40 yrs?

Gunner

"Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming.
A cloud of testosterone makes a piss poor flack shield."
<Offbreed>
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 10:16:32 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:57:18 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
<rphunter@charter.net> in <jf3he.5641$i03.2319@fe06.lga> wrote:

[snip]

>Some people confuse the idea of freedom OF religion with freedom FROM
>religion. I assure you NO member of the Constitutional Congress ever
>considered removing religious people from public service, or prohibiting
> religion from government, as long as no single religion was given
>preference. Why else would they have placed the clause about
>prohibiting the free exercise thereof?

I don't know of anyone today who wants to remove religious people from
public service either. I know of people who want to stop agents of the
government from using their position of power to promote their
religion. Are you in favor of the government promoting religion?

[snip]

--
Matt Silberstein

May 13, 2005 10:34:18 PM

Chris Hayes wrote:
> Omega d wrote:
>
>><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>>:
>>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
>
> tactics
>
>>: were used to rattle suspects.
>>:
>>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>>: most holy book "down the toilet".
>>:
>>
>>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
>
> religion.
>
>>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>>years....
>

> Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
> Kerry was a Catholic.

Hate to point it out to ya , but there isnt a lot the catholic Church as
whole has to do with the bible...

Even the new pope is relying on the spirit of the old one to guide him ,
instead of God or the Bible .

No offence intended to any individual Catholics , just the Church in
general .
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 10:37:04 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 10:04:49 -0500, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net> wrote:

(snip)
>Sorry, too late, the courts have been doing that for years.

So you see no harm in joining them?

>The new
>concept of 'interpretation' is that the constitution has to be
>interpreted in relation to what the judge believes applies best for
>today, rather than what was INTENDED by the Founding Fathers. In other
>words, modern judges believe they are smarter than those old, dead,
>guys, so their interpretation is more important, and useful, than the
>intent of the framers.

How about YOUR interpretation of it? Like your take on "freedom" of religion not
including freedom from religion?
May 13, 2005 10:53:14 PM

On 12 May 2005 20:38:27 -0700, eq@mailinator.com wrote:

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>
>The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>were used to rattle suspects.
>
>It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>most holy book "down the toilet".

Yup, mistake, should have flushed the Raghead down the toilet first,
then sent the Koran after him.

Strider
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:24:51 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:51:45 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
<rphunter@charter.net> in <6a3he.11797$fY4.9079@fe07.lga> wrote:

>Chris Hayes wrote:
>> Omega d wrote:
>>
>>><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>>>:
>>>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such
>>
>> tactics
>>
>>>: were used to rattle suspects.
>>>:
>>>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>>>: most holy book "down the toilet".
>>>:
>>>
>>>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from
>>
>> religion.
>>
>>>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>>>years....
>>

>> Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
>> Kerry was a Catholic.
>>
>No, and neither does the Catholic Church, given his stand on abortion...

The Church seems to have decided that war is acceptable, but abortion
is not.

--
Matt Silberstein

May 13, 2005 11:24:52 PM

Matt Silberstein wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:51:45 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
> <rphunter@charter.net> in <6a3he.11797$fY4.9079@fe07.lga> wrote:
>

>>Chris Hayes wrote:

>>>tactics

>>>religion.

>>>Uh huh. Pull the other finger. Maybe you didn't notice that John
>>>Kerry was a Catholic.
>>>

>>No, and neither does the Catholic Church, given his stand on abortion...
>

> The Church seems to have decided that war is acceptable, but abortion
> is not.

Seems fair to me in that many feel abortion is acceptable but church is not.

Ed
USA Ret
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:28:57 PM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 10:04:49 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
<rphunter@charter.net> in <lm3he.5655$i03.3309@fe06.lga> wrote:

>The Watcher wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 May 2005 04:11:07 GMT, "Omega" <2121(d)@insightbb.com> wrote:
>>

>>><eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>>: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
>>>:
>>>: The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
>>>: were used to rattle suspects.
>>>:
>>>: It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
>>>: most holy book "down the toilet".
>>>:
>>>
>>>Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
>>

>> Yeah. Perish the thought. Imagine someone wanting to be free FROM religion. You
>> want to "allow" people freedom to choose whichever religion YOU think is best
>> for them, as long as they pick one, eh? Interesting idea of religious "freedom"
>> you have there.
>>

>>>But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
>>>years....
>>

>> Sounds like you don't mind flushing the Constitution down right behind it. :/
>Sorry, too late, the courts have been doing that for years. The new
>concept of 'interpretation' is that the constitution has to be

For some meaning of "new" that seems to go back to the beginning.

>interpreted in relation to what the judge believes applies best for
>today, rather than what was INTENDED by the Founding Fathers.

And how do you know that the FF wanted strict constructionism? BTW,
how do you get the current views of searches given a strict
construction of the Fourth?

>In other
>words, modern judges believe they are smarter than those old, dead,
>guys, so their interpretation is more important, and useful, than the
>intent of the framers.

No, they think that they are dealing with a different situation.
Though I can probably give a half a dozen cases where the
administration has come down on the side of interpretation rather than
strict constructionism. Schiavo comes to mine. As does the case that
put Shrub in power.

--
Matt Silberstein

May 14, 2005 12:05:46 AM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 13 May 2005 11:39:50 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "NYC XYZ"
<jack_foreigner@yahoo.com> in
<1116009590.583691.15330@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Gunner wrote:
>>

>> Remember what Clinton said at Oxford "I can rape even more coeds and
>> still become President"
>
>Yeah, sure.
>
>BTW, I don't believe in "rape." Like the joke goes -- a naked woman
>can still run faster than a guy with his pants around his ankles!

Can she do so with a gun to her head? How about a knife? How about if
she has been bashed in the head a few times or tied up?

--
Matt Silberstein

May 14, 2005 12:22:39 AM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Chris Hayes" <hayes1@fadmail.com> wrote:

>> Remember what C-student-Bush said at Yale: "you too can be
>President."
>
>As long you have the right father.

And an in at the Supreme Court.

Gio
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 12:45:06 AM

Gunner wrote:
> On 13 May 2005 08:24:52 -0700, "phocas II" <rayadaps@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>I, As a FREE HUMAN BEING ALREADY HAVE THOSE RIGHTS !!!! The
>>Constitution is there to LIMIT & RESTRAIN Government from USURPING MY
>>"INALIENABLE" RIGHTS. But as we all know ,This adminstration has
>>Dangerously eroded those rights with the magic word of "National
>>Security". I guess if Bush doesen't read the bill of rights ------"Out
>>of thought,Out of Mind" !!!
>

> Where were you during the last 40 yrs?
>
> Gunner
>
> "Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming.
> A cloud of testosterone makes a piss poor flack shield."
> <Offbreed>

Well things liberals do to erode our freedoms don't count, don't you
understand that?

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 12:46:30 AM

Matt Silberstein wrote:
> On 13 May 2005 11:39:50 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "NYC XYZ"
> <jack_foreigner@yahoo.com> in
> <1116009590.583691.15330@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

>>Gunner wrote:
>>

>>>Remember what Clinton said at Oxford "I can rape even more coeds and
>>>still become President"
>>
>>Yeah, sure.
>>
>>BTW, I don't believe in "rape." Like the joke goes -- a naked woman
>>can still run faster than a guy with his pants around his ankles!
>

> Can she do so with a gun to her head? How about a knife? How about if
> she has been bashed in the head a few times or tied up?

Or drugged, or merely fooled into believing the guy is a 'chosen one of
God'. Sigh.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 4:51:32 AM

Matt Silberstein wrote:
> On 13 May 2005 11:39:50 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "NYC XYZ"
> <jack_foreigner@yahoo.com> in
> <1116009590.583691.15330@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> >Gunner wrote:
> >>

> >> Remember what Clinton said at Oxford "I can rape even more coeds
and
> >> still become President"
> >
> >Yeah, sure.
> >
> >BTW, I don't believe in "rape." Like the joke goes -- a naked woman
> >can still run faster than a guy with his pants around his ankles!
>
> Can she do so with a gun to her head? How about a knife? How about if
> she has been bashed in the head a few times or tied up?

Oops -- sorry, I meant my remarks specifically in the context of a
reply to the Clinton swipe. I meant that I don't think Clinton raped
anyone.

> --
> Matt Silberstein
>
> All in all, if I could be any animal, I would want to be
> a duck or a goose. They can fly, walk, and swim. Plus,
> there there is a certain satisfaction knowing that at the
> end of your life you will taste good with an orange sauce
> or, in the case of a goose, a chestnut stuffing.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 4:53:09 AM

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Or drugged, or merely fooled into believing the guy is a 'chosen one
of
> God'. Sigh.
>

> --
> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

Yes, that too. Some doctrinaire feminists even make the case that
marriage is rape.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 5:12:04 AM

Gio Medici wrote:
> "Chris Hayes" <hayes1@fadmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Remember what C-student-Bush said at Yale: "you too can be
> >President."
> >
> >As long you have the right father.
>
> And an in at the Supreme Court.

That's supposed to be "secret" to those of us not privy to using the
government for public rapine. Our vote is supposed to matter. Or at
least that's what those at the top would like us to think while we
willingly go along with our own flensing.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 5:32:14 AM

Omega wrote:

> <eq@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm
> :
> : The latest edition of the American Newsweek magazine said such tactics
> : were used to rattle suspects.
> :
> : It says that US personnel on one occasion flushed a copy of Islam's
> : most holy book "down the toilet".
> :
>
> Must have been one of those secularists who wants to freedom from religion.
> But then democrats have been flushing the Bible down the toilet for
> years....

Only the Republican one...

Ike
May 14, 2005 6:51:20 AM

Archived from groups: misc.survivalism,soc.veterans,talk.politics.misc,us.military.army,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <CJche.7545$i03.2985@fe06.lga>,

>You ARE aware of the current Pope's last job?

I'm not. I heard he had been a hunter at some point, but I'm sure that
was just a hobby. As far as I knew, he's been in the business of being
a priest since at least the 1940s.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 6:51:21 AM

james wrote:
> In article <CJche.7545$i03.2985@fe06.lga>,
> Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net> wrote:
>

>>You ARE aware of the current Pope's last job?
>

> I'm not. I heard he had been a hunter at some point, but I'm sure that
> was just a hobby. As far as I knew, he's been in the business of being
> a priest since at least the 1940s.

He was head of the church's investigation operation, formerly known as
'The Inquisition'. Does that tell you anything about what HE might have
to say about John Kerry?

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
!