mrmas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Hi everyone,
Hope you guys can help me out with this problem.. I have two sapphire hd6950 2gb dirt 3 editions, and one has flickering issues. First off, I put them in crossfire and noticed that some games like bf3 had some crazy flickering and tearing issues even in the menu screens. This issue was solved by either playing in windowed mode or disabling crossfire.

So I took out my second 6950, booted up with just one card and everything worked beautifully. So next I took out the top 6950, and placed my second card into the primary pci-e slot. Right after the login menu, my desktop was flickering like mad and the screen was diagonally torn and buttons were in the wrong places i guess. So I assumed that the second card was bad and got it rma'ed. I wish I tested the card I had gotten back from the rma, but I was too excited and immediately crossfired them. After I crossfired, I was faced with the same problem. Sapphire said that they test all cards for 2 days so they should of sent me a working card.

Next I got a cheap rexus psu tester, but the voltages for both pcie connections were same, both around 12.4/12.5 which is alright I believe. I have a bunch of fans and the bottom card has never been over 60c. I tested the card in question on a work computer and it showed no problems. This was at a lower resolution, I will have to check tomorrow but it was most likely a 18 inch monitor connected with a dvi cable. I will test on a similar setup this weekend hopefully. Thanks for reading my long story =) hope you guys can help me out!

-Eric

Here is my setup:

2500k oc 4.0ghz
asus p67 sabertooth w/1904 bios
2x 4gb 1866 muskin redline
seasonic x850
128gb crucial m4
2x sapphire hd6950 2gb dirt 3
asus essence stx
samsung bx2431
cm690 adv ii