do I need to uninstall sp1

Marcy

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002

Hi - I am waiting for my cd to arrive of the sp2. I was
wondering if when I do choose to install the new sp2, if
I need to uninstall the sp1 or does it replace it
automatically. sp2 is a 75 MB file and dont want to hog
up any space if I dont have to.thanks

Hi

There is no need to uninstall SP1. The SP2 update is cumulative so will
install what is needed.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

MARCY wrote:

> Hi - I am waiting for my cd to arrive of the sp2. I was
> wondering if when I do choose to install the new sp2, if
> I need to uninstall the sp1 or does it replace it
> automatically. sp2 is a 75 MB file and dont want to hog
> up any space if I dont have to.thanks
Hi

No, do not uninstall SP1, SP2 will just install itself on top of SP1.

For folders you can consider deleting and other disk cleanup tips
after a SP2 installation, take a look here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23jA1a0VlEHA.3816%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl

Before installing SP2, you should take a look at the
following sites:

What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2.
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

Service Pack Installation Checklist

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: