Crazy LAG on all games w/ my beastly new rig, wth?

xXCraigerzXx

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
***I did see another thread related to this same topic but the guy didn't hardly list any of his specs so I went ahead and started my own thread***

Hey whatup guys!?!? Need some serious help...well, kinda...

I just built this beast of a machine and every game I have lags, and lags, and lags...unplayable to say the least...

My specs are as follows:

*CPU- Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor

*MOBO- EVGA 130-SB-E675-KR ATX LGA1155

*Memory- G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333

*HDD- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500413AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

*SSD- Crucial M4 128GB 2.5"

*GPU- MSI AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB

*Soundcard- Auzentech Forte 7.1

*Case- COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower

*Power Supply- COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W ATX12V V2.3 SLI

*Optical Drive- Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

*Monitor- 27" Samsung S27A550H LED

*Operating System - Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit

*Keyboard- Steelseries 7G

*Mouse- Razor Mamba 2012 Edition

Also my PC is mainlined directly into my router using a Cat6 Ethernet cable...my Ping is 36, with 22down/4-5up.

I just don't understand...it doesn't matter if I'm playing online multiplayer or campaign...my games just lag, lag, lag...right now I'm attempting to play MW3 but it's basically unplayable. Also, I put in MW2 to see if that was any better and it wasn't really either...and the same goes for BF3. I've set my video settings to ultra and I've set them to minimal and it makes no difference. This sucks big time!

I didn't actually build this myself...a friend of mine did who's basically a computer genius, A+ certified, ect. Bascially I'm posting here to maybe get some ideas to run across him to see if maybe we can find a fix for this soon!

Thanks in advance.

joedjnpc

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Had a similar issue a few years back and it was simply a graphics driver issue, make sure you have catayst 11.11 installed. Also check the performance tab in catalyst to ensure you're core and memory clock speeds are as they should be.

Kari

Splendid
this sort of behaviour points to a cpu problem, make sure the cpu is running at correct clocks and it's not throttling down because of high temperature. Idling at desktop should show low clocks, just put some load on it and it should speed up. use prime95 to load it and cpu-z to monitor the cloks and realtemp or coretemp for temps...