Did anyone ever do a Diablo mod for Infinity Engine games?

I found some info on a Baldur's Gate mod for Diablo II:
http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=5009

....and now I'm interested in whether or not someone's done it the other
way around: going after Diablo in an Infinity Engine game. (The one I
found is a Diablo II mod.)

The idea of facing a tougher Diablo with a full party (instead of the
usual Diablo and a single character) using D&D rules seems interesting
(bonus points if they figured out random dungeons).

Anyway... anyone know of a mod along the lines of what I'm thinking of?
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****

Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

: The idea of facing a tougher Diablo with a full party (instead of the
: usual Diablo and a single character) using D&D rules seems interesting
: (bonus points if they figured out random dungeons).

: Anyway... anyone know of a mod along the lines of what I'm thinking of?

The idea had been kicked around by some people to borrow some look-and-feel elements of Diablo,
but no, nothing like that has ever been published.

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 02:42:44 +0000 (UTC), Jason Compton wrote:

>Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:
>
>: The idea of facing a tougher Diablo with a full party (instead of the
>: usual Diablo and a single character) using D&D rules seems interesting
>: (bonus points if they figured out random dungeons).
>
>: Anyway... anyone know of a mod along the lines of what I'm thinking of?
>
>The idea had been kicked around by some people to borrow some look-and-feel elements of Diablo,
>but no, nothing like that has ever been published.

I'm thinking more of the story elements, not the look-n-feel. I'm rather
indifferent to the look-n-feel - except I *really* wish that BG & family
had Diablo's zoom...
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****
Do not be led astray onto the path of virtue.