Did anyone ever do a Diablo mod for Infinity Engine games?

I found some info on a Baldur's Gate mod for Diablo II:
http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=5009

....and now I'm interested in whether or not someone's done it the other
way around: going after Diablo in an Infinity Engine game. (The one I
found is a Diablo II mod.)

The idea of facing a tougher Diablo with a full party (instead of the
usual Diablo and a single character) using D&D rules seems interesting
(bonus points if they figured out random dungeons).

Anyway... anyone know of a mod along the lines of what I'm thinking of?
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****

    Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

    : The idea of facing a tougher Diablo with a full party (instead of the
    : usual Diablo and a single character) using D&D rules seems interesting
    : (bonus points if they figured out random dungeons).

    : Anyway... anyone know of a mod along the lines of what I'm thinking of?

    The idea had been kicked around by some people to borrow some look-and-feel elements of Diablo,
    but no, nothing like that has ever been published.

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 02:42:44 +0000 (UTC), Jason Compton wrote:

    >Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:
    >
    >: The idea of facing a tougher Diablo with a full party (instead of the
    >: usual Diablo and a single character) using D&D rules seems interesting
    >: (bonus points if they figured out random dungeons).
    >
    >: Anyway... anyone know of a mod along the lines of what I'm thinking of?
    >
    >The idea had been kicked around by some people to borrow some look-and-feel elements of Diablo,
    >but no, nothing like that has ever been published.

    I'm thinking more of the story elements, not the look-n-feel. I'm rather
    indifferent to the look-n-feel - except I *really* wish that BG & family
    had Diablo's zoom...
    --
    auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
    *****
    Do not be led astray onto the path of virtue.

Engine Games Diablo Video Games