Buying a new PC, checking for compatibility

Linguo_bastardo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I'm going to buy a new PC soon, and i want to know is everything compatible. This is the build:

AMD Phenom II x4 960t
MSI 970A-G45
Leadtek Hurricane GTX 560 Ti
Kingston Genesis Grey 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Thermaltake V4 Black Edition
Seasonic SS-500ET

Before you suggest corsair/antec and MSI's 560 ti, Antec and corsair aren't avaiable in Serbia ( and i have no intention of ordering them online because it will be a lot more expensive ) and MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560Ti is more expensive than leadtek's ( for about 40€ = ~50$ ). I'm open to other suggestions.

Linguo_bastardo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

I would like to SLI in 2 years perhaps. On MSI's website it says that it supports Crossfire, nothing about SLI... Should i be worried about this?

If it's better than this, i will get it.

Yes get the 970 Extreme4 that will support SLI, if you can get it now, I suggest getting a 750w now just to have it so you can SLI in the future since the Seasonic isn't cheap.

Do you have... OCZ there? If you do try getting the OCZ ZS 750.

Yes, exactly my point.

Err.. Here, check out Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=58&name=Power-Supplies
Obviously Newegg won't ship to you, but give us an idea of which manufacturers are there other than Seasonic? Seasonic is a great company no doubt, but it's expensive. Where it says manufacturers, just click more and of those brands which ones are there.

I'm assuming you have Thermaltake and Seasonic? Do you have... Cooler Master?

Linguo_bastardo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Thermaltake, seasonic, cooler master, very, very few antecs ( only 3, none of which are good for this PC ), chieftec and loads of cheap, horrible chinese brands.

EDIT: Btw. i will need at least 2 pci slots ( those for the TV and sound cards ). Asrock 970 extreme4 doesn't seem to have them... If i decided not to SLI ( which isn't a huge handicap ), would the MSI one be a good board?

o_O You don't need a Sound card, the MB sound on current day MB's are more than enough. I'm using my MSI 790FX-GD70 (Keep in mind this is 2+ year old tech) and the audio for my Turtlebeach P11's are plenty. I can hear pretty well, footsteps in CSS and while in battle in BF3. So You wouldn't need a sound card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157262
The Extreme4 has 1 PCI slot and 1 PCI Express 1x slot.

As for your PSU suggestion, then I would suggest the Cooler Master Silent Pro 700w or the SeaSonic M12II 750w

Linguo_bastardo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Ok. Thanks. I still don't know how to fit that PSU in my budget... I probably won't... So, i'm gonna buy the PC in my first post, except the motherboard. Thank you for your help!

Linguo_bastardo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Well, since i really can't get one of those 700+W PSUs, i need help chosing a cheaper one. I know that Seasonic is a great brand, but, is 500w enough ( i'm planing on OCing )? I found this one which is only 500rsd ( ~7usd ) more expensive: Chieftec CTB-650S. Is it ok for this PC?