Sign in with
Your question

Newly built computer won't turn on!

Last response: in Systems
January 16, 2012 7:48:36 PM

Hi, I recently built a new computer and I am having some trouble in starting it up. When I pressed the power button on the case nothing happened at all; I checked that the PSU was on and plugged in properly but still nothing. I checked the front panel connectors and all the cabling and the computer still wouldn't turn on (no LED lights turned on at all). My motherboard comes with a little power button but when I pressed that not one light came on. This led me to think that the motherboard is not shorted and that I received a faulty PSU. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Intel core i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Corsair HX750w
Kingston 8 gigs of DDR3 memory
January 16, 2012 8:14:18 PM

I don't suppose you have any way of checking to see if it is the psu , like another psu or another computer you could put the psu into to see if it works.
You have rechecked all of the connectors to make sure that they are seated all the way in.The 4 or 8 pin cpu power connector is in the socket all the way , the 20 or 24 motherboard power connector is in all the way? Is the power supply plugged into an outlet that is controlled by a switch and have you verified that the outlet works?
Related resources
August 25, 2013 4:03:35 PM

I hate it when they don't return and tell us what was wrong, it really interests me :p 
January 8, 2014 8:01:06 AM

COLGeek said:
Go to this thread and follow the steps:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Come back if this fails.

I tried everything on the page and my computer still won't boot....... Any help would be appreciated.

"No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist
"No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist This checklist is a compilation of troubleshooting ideas from many forum members. It's very important to actually perform every step in the checklist if you want to... See full content
February 18, 2014 6:25:36 PM

Gianni Vecc said:
COLGeek said:
Go to this thread and follow the steps:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Come back if this fails.

I tried everything on the page and my computer still won't boot....... Any help would be appreciated.

Did you manage to figure it out? i am having issues right now that are exactly like yours
!