brianlmitchell

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Hello,

Something really strange happens when my computer goes into sleep mode. No amount of mouse movement, or pressing of keyboard keys will awake my PC. I have to hit the reset switch, which would turn everything off momentarily, then proceed to desktop (normally).

This morning however, my PC would be stuck trying to reboot over and over. It wouldn't even make it to the BIOS. After about 8 times of this, I cut off the power to the PSU and waited several minutes. Brought the power back on and PC successfully booted to desktop, right back to where I was as if I just awoke it from sleep. Odd.

A short history, ever since I got this computer, it has been prone to boot failures. It's a known issue where the PC will turn off, and back on once when powering it on for the first time within several hours of it being off. This was a pretty normal thing until after having the PC for about a week, after that it started acting more normally. Don't know if that is related at all to the strange sleep mode issue.

ASUS P8Z68-V LE with up to date BIOS
i5 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz with Hyper 212 Evo cooler
8GB Corsair Vengeance
MSI Twin Frozr II 560 Ti 2GB
OCZ Vertex3 120 GB SSD
700w Cougar 80 Plus silver PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

Cripple13

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
what mode is your ssd set to in the bios? This can cause issues similar to yours (I had the almost EXACT same problem with my crucial m4 because the bios reset it to IDE mode. I had to toggle ahci, then reimage the drive

Sounds like that might help, or you have a bad hdd

brianlmitchell

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
My current setup is in RAID mode so that I can utilize the Intel Smart Response technology with a HDD.

Have operating system and misc programs on SSD, games and other non essentials on HDD.

Have a 60GB OCZ Vertex3 SSD caching for the 1TB seagate barracuda HDD.