Sign in with
Your question

I lost performance in my Graphics card after one day?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Battlefield
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2011 5:15:49 PM

Hello, I recently purchased an PNY Nvidia 560ti 1 GIG OC2 Graphics card primarily for Battlefield 3 and Skyrim. The day of the installation I was able to run Battlefield 3 on Ultra settings in 32 player servers. It was smooth as butter! Caspian Border was the first map I tested in a full 32 player server with this card. I was right in the thick of battles with Helicopters, tanks, and chaos swarming everywhere. I pulled of something along the lines of a 27 and 6 kill death ratio because it was running so well.

Well, the next day I load in and I no longer can run in Ultra. Anytime I look towards a battle or where there is a lot of activity I just lag out for a certain amount of time. I never crash though.

What in the heck happened? I've checked drivers and uninstalled/reinstalled them. Does anyone have any idea why I lost performance?

I did run a 3DsMark11 benchmark, could that possibly have stressed my GPU? I run my fan speeds at 65% when I play games.

My System Specs:
6 Gigs of 1066 DDR2 Memory
AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition 2.6Ghz Quad-Core Processor
PNY Nvidia Geforce 560ti 1GIG OC2 Edition
800Watt Thermaltake Powersupply

Please note, I run the game in a 1280x1024 resolution. I don't have a flimsy flat screen monitor, I have kids and those little rascals kept touching the flat screens and breaking them.

Thanks for reading! Any advice is very much appreciated.

More about : lost performance graphics card day

November 18, 2011 6:51:15 PM

Bump.. :( 
m
l
November 18, 2011 7:06:58 PM

might be the cards driver? Did you look if your driver is up to date? Sometimes the one on the disc that comes with the card is out of date..
m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2011 7:14:15 PM

It seems I have the latest driver which is 285.62.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2011 7:40:00 PM

Is your fan speed locked at 65%? I would set fan profiles in EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner etc. to ramp up before it overheats.
m
l
November 18, 2011 7:48:45 PM

Yes, I've set my GPU fan to 65%. It reaches around 44C under load.

I've turned the AA settings down to 4x and Anisotropic down as well. I also set the ambient occlusion to saso or whatever and it seems to be running on Ultra like it did when I first installed.

Still makes me wonder why it ran Ultra with all of the settings Maxed the first day I installed the card.

Ah, well I guess I can deal with this! There isn't much difference in quality from 16x to 4x.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2011 8:01:40 PM

Normally I would say not enough VRAM sounds like the issue, but at your resolution it shouldn't be a problem at all.
m
l
!