New Build - GPU Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big papa blood

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I've got a Gigabyte 6950 plugged into a GA-990XA-UD3 mobo. Everything seems to start up, but unfortunately I don't get an image on the screen and the fans on the GPU don't start spinning. I've got two PCIE plugs from the PSU, but I dont' think anything seems to be working.

Is there anything I should be looking for? Certain shorts or something I should try?
Thanks

Solution

The motherboard requires two power connectors - the 24 pin voltage connector and the 8 pin (I have the same board) power connector. Both of those should be firmly plugged in and then go from there.

g-unit1111

Titan
The first thing is I have that same motherboard. You should at least see a red LED power light come on. If that works then it's definitely not the motherboard.

If not maybe try moving the graphics card to another PCI-e slot and try different power connectors on your motherboard and see if that works.

g-unit1111

Titan

The motherboard requires two power connectors - the 24 pin voltage connector and the 8 pin (I have the same board) power connector. Both of those should be firmly plugged in and then go from there.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.