Where Are The PSP Games?

Okay, so I'm at the local Wal-Mart and they have *30* different UMD
movies for the PSP (none of which are "must own" movies,
IMO--especially not at $19 and up). At the same time, they've only got
12-14 PSP games. WTF? I didn't buy my PSP to watch movies, did any of
you? Who the heck is buying all these films...not to mention a $250
player to watch them on?

Geez...when the PS3 launches, I sure hope the Blu-Ray movies don't
outnumber the actual games 2 to 1...
12 answers Last reply
More about where games

    "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, so I'm at the local Wal-Mart and they have *30* different UMD
    > movies for the PSP (none of which are "must own" movies,
    > IMO--especially not at $19 and up). At the same time, they've only got
    > 12-14 PSP games. WTF? I didn't buy my PSP to watch movies, did any of
    > you? Who the heck is buying all these films...not to mention a $250
    > player to watch them on?
    >
    > Geez...when the PS3 launches, I sure hope the Blu-Ray movies don't
    > outnumber the actual games 2 to 1...

    yeah i've held off on buying one because there just aren't enough good games
    out for it. i think a lot of people are waiting

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote

    > Half Baked for about $11 or $12 bucks.

    You've confirmed your retardednessity.

    "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote
    >
    >> Half Baked for about $11 or $12 bucks.
    >
    > You've confirmed your retardednessity.

    Thank you, your lamenessiprocity is duly noted.

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote
    >>
    >>> Half Baked for about $11 or $12 bucks.
    >>
    >> You've confirmed your retardednessity.
    >
    > Thank you, your lamenessiprocity is duly noted.

    hahaha

    Seriously, though. Half Baked?

    "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, so I'm at the local Wal-Mart and they have *30* different UMD
    > movies for the PSP (none of which are "must own" movies,
    > IMO--especially not at $19 and up). At the same time, they've only got
    > 12-14 PSP games. WTF? I didn't buy my PSP to watch movies, did any of
    > you? Who the heck is buying all these films...not to mention a $250
    > player to watch them on?
    >
    > Geez...when the PS3 launches, I sure hope the Blu-Ray movies don't
    > outnumber the actual games 2 to 1...

    And I hate looking at release date lists. I am trying to see when new games
    are coming out but I have to through pages of UMD movies. I think the only
    game I am looking forward to at this point is Infected. Lumines is the only
    game that my PSP gets a workout on right now.

    --
    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote

    >>> You've confirmed your retardednessity.
    >>
    >> Thank you, your lamenessiprocity is duly noted.
    >
    > hahaha
    >
    > Seriously, though. Half Baked?

    Dude, Fred. Dave Chappelle made that movie a cult classic. There are about
    35-45 quotable lines from that movie alone that you could go through with
    your friends and have non-stop laughs.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    My list of favorite comedies would include:

    Trading Places
    Caddyshack
    Stripes
    Blazing Saddles
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    The Meaning of Life
    Airplane
    The Blues Brothers
    Animal House
    Back to School

    Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
    Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
    movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > My list of favorite comedies would include:
    >
    > Trading Places
    > Caddyshack
    > Stripes
    > Blazing Saddles
    > Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    > The Meaning of Life
    > Airplane
    > The Blues Brothers
    > Animal House
    > Back to School
    >
    > Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
    > Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
    > movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

    1941 just misses out of my top ten.

    Young Frankenstein and another Mel Brooks classic, High Anxiety do
    though.

    As do (it seems everyone elses favorites) Monty Python and the Holy
    Grail and Life of Brian. Meaning of Life falls just short of making the
    top ten, but "Wafer thin Mint" is a line I use all the time.

    But no one else has any love for older ones like Who's Minding the
    Mint?, Sleeper, and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > My list of favorite comedies would include:
    >
    > Trading Places
    > Caddyshack
    > Stripes
    > Blazing Saddles
    > Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    > The Meaning of Life
    > Airplane
    > The Blues Brothers
    > Animal House
    > Back to School
    >
    > Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
    > Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
    > movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

    After some thought, I typed the last list off the top of my head and in a
    hurry and only had nine also. Final list as of now I think would be this...

    1-Holy Grail (no doubt about this one being #1)
    2-Young Frankenstien
    3-Airplane
    4-South Park
    5-Blazing Saddles
    6-Life of Brian
    7-Meaning of Life
    8-Animal House
    9-History of the World
    10-Caddyshack

    I think I could live with that list...though 2-10 are easily interchangable,
    but that would work for ten faves.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
    > My list of favorite comedies would include:
    >
    > Trading Places
    > Caddyshack
    > Stripes
    > Blazing Saddles
    > Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    > The Meaning of Life
    > Airplane
    > The Blues Brothers
    > Animal House
    > Back to School
    >
    > Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
    > Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
    > movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

    I liked 1941, but it falls behind quite a few others for me...
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> My list of favorite comedies would include:
    >>
    >> Trading Places
    >> Caddyshack
    >> Stripes
    >> Blazing Saddles
    >> Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    >> The Meaning of Life
    >> Airplane
    >> The Blues Brothers
    >> Animal House
    >> Back to School
    >>
    >> Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
    >> Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
    >> movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.
    >>

    > 1941 just misses out of my top ten.
    >
    > Young Frankenstein and another Mel Brooks classic, High Anxiety do
    > though.

    I really like High Anxiety, but there are too many others that are ahead of
    it for me. Great film though...

    > As do (it seems everyone elses favorites) Monty Python and the Holy
    > Grail and Life of Brian. Meaning of Life falls just short of making the
    > top ten, but "Wafer thin Mint" is a line I use all the time.

    That scene in the resteraunt kills me EVERY time, the bucket, the lady
    cleaning it up, that mint line, him exploding...gross but I laugh till I cry
    everytime during that part ;)

    > But no one else has any love for older ones like Who's Minding the
    > Mint?, Sleeper, and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message

    > My list of favorite comedies would include:
    >
    > Trading Places
    > Caddyshack
    > Stripes
    > Blazing Saddles

    OMG YOU RACIST CLOD!

    > Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    > The Meaning of Life
    > Airplane
    > The Blues Brothers
    > Animal House
    > Back to School
    >
    > Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
    > Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
    > movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Movies Video Games