Where Are The PSP Games?

Okay, so I'm at the local Wal-Mart and they have *30* different UMD
movies for the PSP (none of which are "must own" movies,
IMO--especially not at $19 and up). At the same time, they've only got
12-14 PSP games. WTF? I didn't buy my PSP to watch movies, did any of
you? Who the heck is buying all these films...not to mention a $250
player to watch them on?

Geez...when the PS3 launches, I sure hope the Blu-Ray movies don't
outnumber the actual games 2 to 1...

Mike

Splendid

"Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
> Okay, so I'm at the local Wal-Mart and they have *30* different UMD
> movies for the PSP (none of which are "must own" movies,
> IMO--especially not at $19 and up). At the same time, they've only got
> 12-14 PSP games. WTF? I didn't buy my PSP to watch movies, did any of
> you? Who the heck is buying all these films...not to mention a $250
> player to watch them on?
>
> Geez...when the PS3 launches, I sure hope the Blu-Ray movies don't
> outnumber the actual games 2 to 1...

yeah i've held off on buying one because there just aren't enough good games
out for it. i think a lot of people are waiting

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote

> Half Baked for about $11 or $12 bucks.

You've confirmed your retardednessity.

"Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote
>
>> Half Baked for about $11 or $12 bucks.
>
> You've confirmed your retardednessity.

Thank you, your lamenessiprocity is duly noted.

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
>> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote
>>
>>> Half Baked for about $11 or $12 bucks.
>>
>> You've confirmed your retardednessity.
>
> Thank you, your lamenessiprocity is duly noted.

hahaha

Seriously, though. Half Baked?

"Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
> Okay, so I'm at the local Wal-Mart and they have *30* different UMD
> movies for the PSP (none of which are "must own" movies,
> IMO--especially not at $19 and up). At the same time, they've only got
> 12-14 PSP games. WTF? I didn't buy my PSP to watch movies, did any of
> you? Who the heck is buying all these films...not to mention a $250
> player to watch them on?
>
> Geez...when the PS3 launches, I sure hope the Blu-Ray movies don't
> outnumber the actual games 2 to 1...

And I hate looking at release date lists. I am trying to see when new games
are coming out but I have to through pages of UMD movies. I think the only
game I am looking forward to at this point is Infected. Lumines is the only
game that my PSP gets a workout on right now.

--
HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
>>> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote

>>> You've confirmed your retardednessity.
>>
>> Thank you, your lamenessiprocity is duly noted.
>
> hahaha
>
> Seriously, though. Half Baked?

Dude, Fred. Dave Chappelle made that movie a cult classic. There are about
35-45 quotable lines from that movie alone that you could go through with
your friends and have non-stop laughs.

My list of favorite comedies would include:

Trading Places
Caddyshack
Stripes
Blazing Saddles
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Meaning of Life
Airplane
The Blues Brothers
Animal House
Back to School

Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

> My list of favorite comedies would include:
>
> Trading Places
> Caddyshack
> Stripes
> Blazing Saddles
> Monty Python and the Holy Grail
> The Meaning of Life
> Airplane
> The Blues Brothers
> Animal House
> Back to School
>
> Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
> Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
> movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

1941 just misses out of my top ten.

Young Frankenstein and another Mel Brooks classic, High Anxiety do
though.

As do (it seems everyone elses favorites) Monty Python and the Holy
Grail and Life of Brian. Meaning of Life falls just short of making the
top ten, but "Wafer thin Mint" is a line I use all the time.

But no one else has any love for older ones like Who's Minding the
Mint?, Sleeper, and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World?

> My list of favorite comedies would include:
>
> Trading Places
> Caddyshack
> Stripes
> Blazing Saddles
> Monty Python and the Holy Grail
> The Meaning of Life
> Airplane
> The Blues Brothers
> Animal House
> Back to School
>
> Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
> Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
> movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

After some thought, I typed the last list off the top of my head and in a
hurry and only had nine also. Final list as of now I think would be this...

1-Holy Grail (no doubt about this one being #1)
2-Young Frankenstien
3-Airplane
4-South Park
5-Blazing Saddles
6-Life of Brian
7-Meaning of Life
8-Animal House
9-History of the World
10-Caddyshack

I think I could live with that list...though 2-10 are easily interchangable,
but that would work for ten faves.

"Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
> My list of favorite comedies would include:
>
> Trading Places
> Caddyshack
> Stripes
> Blazing Saddles
> Monty Python and the Holy Grail
> The Meaning of Life
> Airplane
> The Blues Brothers
> Animal House
> Back to School
>
> Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
> Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
> movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.

I liked 1941, but it falls behind quite a few others for me...

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> My list of favorite comedies would include:
>>
>> Trading Places
>> Caddyshack
>> Stripes
>> Blazing Saddles
>> Monty Python and the Holy Grail
>> The Meaning of Life
>> Airplane
>> The Blues Brothers
>> Animal House
>> Back to School
>>
>> Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, Noises Off, History of the World:
>> Part One, and A Christmas Story almost make the cut, as does 1941--a
>> movie which few people enjoyed, but which I still find hilarious.
>>

> 1941 just misses out of my top ten.
>
> Young Frankenstein and another Mel Brooks classic, High Anxiety do
> though.

I really like High Anxiety, but there are too many others that are ahead of
it for me. Great film though...

> As do (it seems everyone elses favorites) Monty Python and the Holy
> Grail and Life of Brian. Meaning of Life falls just short of making the
> top ten, but "Wafer thin Mint" is a line I use all the time.

That scene in the resteraunt kills me EVERY time, the bucket, the lady
cleaning it up, that mint line, him exploding...gross but I laugh till I cry
everytime during that part ;)

> But no one else has any love for older ones like Who's Minding the
> Mint?, Sleeper, and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World?

"Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message

> My list of favorite comedies would include:
>
> Trading Places
> Caddyshack
> Stripes
> Blazing Saddles