Using USB cooling fans inside case?

teiji

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I have 3 USB powered cooling fans from a laptop cooling pad (Cooler Master NotePal U3) that I plan to use in a desktop case. The fans are 80mm, 950-1800 RPM, rifle. The reasons for this is because I don't need to use the cooling pad anymore, so I don't want the fans to go to waste.

Of course, I also have several intake and exhaust 3/4 pins fans, in addition to these USB powered ones. Is this setup a bad idea?

Solution

hello;

it should work, but first try it with the case open to see if something irregular, then check that the pad fans airflow won't affect fans that are already in your pc after closing the side of the case.
install cpuid to check temps of mobo,cpu,vga,hdd before installing the pad, then check after installing it.

regards...

jhafner

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011

hello;

it should work, but first try it with the case open to see if something irregular, then check that the pad fans airflow won't affect fans that are already in your pc after closing the side of the case.
install cpuid to check temps of mobo,cpu,vga,hdd before installing the pad, then check after installing it.

regards...

Solution