Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which laptop is the best choice?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 30, 2012 4:48:12 AM

I'm going to be buying a laptop and I was wondering which of these two would be a better choice:

1st laptop:
Model: HP Pavilion g6-1d48dx
Processor: AMD Quad-core A6-3420M 
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6520G discrete-class
RAM: 4gb (I'll probably expand it to 8gb)
Hard drive: 500gb (5400 rpm)

2nd laptop:
Model: Dell Inspiron I15N-2731BK
Processor: 2nd gen Intel Core i3-2350M
Graphics: Intel HD
RAM: 4gb (will expand this to 8gb as well)
Hard drive: 500gb (5400 rpm)

I'll be using the laptop for school and some gaming. Thanks in advance!

More about : laptop choice

April 30, 2012 5:41:52 AM

Hard Choice.....The Hp is not the best for gaming but far better than than the i3 graphics.......1st laptop for some casual gaming and the second one is the BEST IN EVERY OTHER PURPOSE
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 6:49:09 AM

not a hard choice, I'd go for the 1st laptop. The difference will be noticable a lot in gaming(GPU), but depending on what else you will be doing, you may or may not notice the difference betwen those two CPUs.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2012 9:08:51 AM

I might get the first one too and add an SSD.
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 3:13:02 PM

imranfarid99 said:
Hard Choice.....The Hp is not the best for gaming but far better than than the i3 graphics.......1st laptop for some casual gaming and the second one is the BEST IN EVERY OTHER PURPOSE

OK so the first one is the better of the two for gaming, as far as using it for schoolwork/web browsing, will i notice the difference between the two?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 78 à CPUs
April 30, 2012 3:16:13 PM

Yoshiji said:
OK so the first one is the better of the two for gaming, as far as using it for schoolwork/web browsing, will i notice the difference between the two?



No. For school I have an Acer Aspire 5517, its an Athlon TF-20 single core 1.6GHZ with 3GB RAM, and in the capacity of browsing and Microsoft Office, its perfectly adequate, and its nowhere on the level of either of those systems.
Share
April 30, 2012 3:31:50 PM

nekulturny said:
No. For school I have an Acer Aspire 5517, its an Athlon TF-20 single core 1.6GHZ with 3GB RAM, and in the capacity of browsing and Microsoft Office, its perfectly adequate, and its nowhere on the level of either of those systems.


Ok cool, I'll be getting the first one then. Thanks for all your help.
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 3:32:08 PM

Best answer selected by yoshiji.
m
0
l
!