Sign in with
Your question

Cheap Startoff computer Build

Last response: in Systems
January 17, 2012 8:20:46 AM

Basically I want A cheap empty computer that I can upgrade piece by piece over the next few months (every pay check ;)  ) because I get payed ~150$ per 2 weeks.

Price 200$-400$

At least a very good Motherboard
A good PSU like 500+PSW
And a good Gaming case, Mouse, Keyboard

I plan to buy the following in the future so it must not have:
No GPU
No CPU
No Fans
No Harddrive
No DVD drive
No Card readers
No Monitor

I know there is a name for these types of computers but I don't know what they are called.

I want something like this because I currently have a 2005 PC that I have upgraded it the best with the stock motherboard (2nd line in sig).

It currently has the best GPU and CPU And I do not wish to spend more on this PC to upgrade. I will give this PC to my brother so I will not be "Simply" upgrading the motherboard.

I want to start a new build :D  .
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2012 8:49:03 AM

Called a barebones PC. Check newegg.com they have all kinds of DIY kits.
a c 107 V Motherboard
January 17, 2012 11:45:48 AM
Related resources
January 17, 2012 1:30:16 PM

"I currently have a 2005 PC"

LOL! this isn't a Car Dufus... who on earth describes their computer as a year number.

Guess what

I have a watch and its a 2005 model LOL!
January 19, 2012 2:45:34 AM

Thanks I will look over that list. And Barebones! I figured that out within 5 min of posting that :p  Forgot to edit ..
January 19, 2012 2:46:37 AM

@danimal_the_Douche Your post is irrelevant.

I bought the PC in 2005 Smartass be useful or go away.
January 19, 2012 3:00:04 AM

Wow That IS a good list!
January 19, 2012 4:13:58 AM

:heink: 
I'm kind of confused. Are you planning to reuse the cpu/gpu and other components for the time being? Or just going to buy the motherboard/ram/psu/etc and have it sit until you have the funds to get the whole computer? If the latter is the case, i suggest just saving until you have enough money to buy the whole computer all at once. There may be sales or prices drops by the time you get enough money to complete that build.
!