Moving Shared Folders from Small drive

September 11, 2004 10:01:41 PM

Folks,

I have a small 8 gig drive that Win XP Pro SP2 resides on. My system has a
20 and an 80 gig also.
I would like to move the "Shared Documents" folder off C: to one of the
larger drives. In addition it would be great to move My Pictures, My Music,
and My Videos to the bigger storage. If they cannot be moved is their a
work around that will allow me to keep some pictures private but the bulk of
them available to others in my family?

Is it possible to protect/password folders that are not in My Documents or
under my local settings...again on one of my larger drives?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 12:01:07 PM

Hi,

Download Tweak UI 2.10 from www.microsoft.com.

then in the "My computer" section open the Special folders and then follow
instructions.

Read more about Tweak ui here.
http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.

"FrankC." wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have a small 8 gig drive that Win XP Pro SP2 resides on. My system has a
> 20 and an 80 gig also.
> I would like to move the "Shared Documents" folder off C: to one of the
> larger drives. In addition it would be great to move My Pictures, My Music,
> and My Videos to the bigger storage. If they cannot be moved is their a
> work around that will allow me to keep some pictures private but the bulk of
> them available to others in my family?
>
> Is it possible to protect/password folders that are not in My Documents or
> under my local settings...again on one of my larger drives?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Anonymous
September 14, 2004 10:55:11 PM

M. Rajesh <mrajesh24_ns@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Download Tweak UI 2.10 from www.microsoft.com.
>then in the "My computer" section open the Special folders and then follow
>instructions.

I cannot find a setting for to move SHARED DOCUMENTS from here.

--
(tm)
!