Your question

Gtx 570 black screen please help

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 19, 2011 12:54:47 AM

Built my pc about ten days ago and worked perfect. I play 2 games, swtor beta and tf2. Been playing both perfectly. Last night, i got the new swtor beta client and played for 20 minutes and got the black screen. Played tf2 tonight and got it twice. I have to do a hard reset of my pc.

I cant figure out the problem. My gtx never goes over 60 degrees and my i5 2500k is mid thirties. Other than the new swtor client, i havent added or changed anything. Im running a corsair 650 watt psu. Can anyone help me? It was working fantastic up until i got the new client for swtor

More about : gtx 570 black screen

November 30, 2011 1:16:14 PM

hawx20 said:
Built my pc about ten days ago and worked perfect. I play 2 games, swtor beta and tf2. Been playing both perfectly. Last night, i got the new swtor beta client and played for 20 minutes and got the black screen. Played tf2 tonight and got it twice. I have to do a hard reset of my pc.

I cant figure out the problem. My gtx never goes over 60 degrees and my i5 2500k is mid thirties. Other than the new swtor client, i havent added or changed anything. Im running a corsair 650 watt psu. Can anyone help me? It was working fantastic up until i got the new client for swtor

I had a very similar problem playing BF3. I would play for a little while and then my screen would go black and I would loose video signal. This required a reboot of the computer. It even happened at stock settings on my GTX 570 OC. No overclocking. It would happen much more when I tried to overclock the 570 (this card is supposed to be very OC friendly). I thought it was a bad 570 so I got a replacement and tried it. Same thing. What it turned out to be, after all my attempts at correcting through settings, drivers, and replacement GPU, was a PCU issue (power supply). I had a less expensive 800 watt psu from cyberpower PC. Replaced it with a Corsair AX1200 GOLD and no more problems --at all--. I even have the 570 OC'd at 900 Core and 2000 memory and I have no crashes or black screens anymore. Played stable 2 nights in a row. It's amazing how important the PCU is and that you have enough juice when intense games start requiring the amps.
m
l
!