Battlefield3 ULTRA Please help choosing graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

cain1108

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
hello all im new here

i tried to research everything but i still couldn't decide to choose graphic card

here is my spec

i7-950 3.2ghz
ASUS RAMPAGE III FORMULA
Sapphire vapor x HD 5870 1GB Crossfire
SSD
3x4gb 12GB RAM

bf3 graphic i chose auto setting and it showed me graphic - ultra, everything else was on High mode and anti alysing was off

when i play game frame rate was around 30~40 ( i didnt pay attention on framerate)

but while i am walking or doing nothing sometime frame rate going bad like 20.. or low RANDOMLY

so i was planning to change to new graphic card. to get ULTRA option with better frame rate

question is around $700

6970 CF vs gtx580 (i cant go for SLI now but maybe later?) or maybe gtx590 for future references

will it be improve of performance ..?whether i choose one of them. or not noticeable?

im really confusing .. HELP

Solution
you budget is very good you can get a good made of gtx 580 they are about 600 to 700 and gtx 590 is 750 $ you should get that when you are investing that much

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
BEWARE!!! RANT COMING...

I can't believe how many times I've seen this BF3 question about Ultra settings, FPS, video cards, etc.
I understand that new people come in here all of the time, but do they ever look at the website to see all the cool things available. Articles, Reviews, News.
That link I put up addresses practically every Q being asked about BF3.
Sure, there will still be Q's but does anybody research any more or do they just want an instant answer?
END RANT*

BTW, even a caveman can see that FPS in Tom's review shows that between GPU's offering up similar FPS between Nvidia and AMD, AMD cards are much less expensive if that's the way you want to go.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

2nd that, get the 590 if u can afford it.

cain1108

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
ok i bought evga gtx590, today i just tested it and can get over 60~70 fps average ( never seen below so far )on multiplayer. ty for suggest it was really worth buying it

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Awesome card! Make sure you email EVGA a copy of ur receipt before 30 days so you get the lifetime warranty on the card, it covers even damages due to overclocking! EVGA is the best! Latest BF3 patched fixed stuttering problems people were having with online gameplay, campaign still has some issues. Did you get Batman City free w the card? The DX11 patch on Batman is still broken right now giving horrible framerates even on the 590. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.