Sign in with
Your question

Does geforce nvidia gtx 560 work with a asus p5k pro motherboard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 19, 2011 3:16:12 AM

Hi Guys ..

just bought a nvidia gtx 560 overclocked card tried to install to my p5k pro mother board just get blank screen, want start up get warning beeps when turn on.
My cpu is a Q6600, 4 gig of ballistix tracer ram.power supply antec true power 650 watt.
will the gtx 560 work with this motherboard ?
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 3:29:08 AM

Did you connect the power cable to the GPU? Is it connected to the monitor?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2011 3:35:04 AM

Yes, you have a pciex16 slot so it should work. Does the mobo have on onboard graphics? If so try and disable them; had a friend with the exact same issue a few days ago and it was his onboard not being disabled interfering
m
l
November 19, 2011 3:39:05 AM

AbdullahG is right. Make sure all you connections (power, data, etc.) are all connected properly and securely.

Also if you are using a dvi to vga adapter or similar adapter it may not display anything on the screen. If this is the case, try plugging a cable directly from the monitor to the jack on the video card.
m
l
a c 88 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b Î Nvidia
November 19, 2011 3:46:40 AM

Yeah those adaptors suck
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2011 3:50:56 AM

monsta said:
Yeah those adaptors suck

I use one and haven't any issues. Im hoping the card just isnt plugged in; easiest for OP without more headache
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 4:26:49 AM

The adapters can be good or bad. I tend to get crappy ones depending on brand (the HIS adapters I got were flimsy and the pins bent easily; the reference card from Nvidia I once had came with decent adapters).
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2011 4:29:44 AM

AbdullahG said:
The adapters can be good or bad. I tend to get crappy ones depending on brand (the HIS adapters I got were flimsy and the pins bent easily; the Nvidia reference card I once had came with decent adapters).

I have a msi card; the adapter that came with it serves me well
m
l
November 19, 2011 10:24:01 AM

CloWnZ said:
Hi Guys ..

just bought a nvidia gtx 560 overclocked card tried to install to my p5k pro mother board just get blank screen, want start up get warning beeps when turn on.
My cpu is a Q6600, 4 gig of ballistix tracer ram.power supply antec true power 650 watt.
will the gtx 560 work with this motherboard ?

Hi again..
Tried all that but still no good when i put 2 diff 8800 cards all workd good ..
Im at a loss
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2011 1:29:01 PM

then maybe an RMA is in order? do you have another rig/friend to try your new card with to confirm that the new card is bad?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 7:09:24 PM

Can you elaborate on the beeping? Is there a pattern, such as a long beep and then several short beeps (this is an example)? What is the pattern?
m
l
November 19, 2011 9:14:22 PM

There was 1 beep then 3 quick beeps when i first installed .Now when i turn on comp no beeps but still wont boot everything seems to be working all fans are working overtime just like when i comps about to boot.
I was all excited when i installed this GTX .... Should i upgrade my mobo >?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2011 9:46:38 PM

CloWnZ said:
There was 1 beep then 3 quick beeps when i first installed .Now when i turn on comp no beeps but still wont boot everything seems to be working all fans are working overtime just like when i comps about to boot.
I was all excited when i installed this GTX .... Should i upgrade my mobo >?

all the power connectors are in place, and the card is in the top PCIE slot right? if so, and you have another card that you have confirmed works in that same slot, then you might have a defective card. do you have a friend or family that you can install that card in another pc and see if it works to confirm?
m
l
November 19, 2011 10:04:08 PM

Hi...
Yo flint.. the card has 2 pcie power connector power slots, I only use one yes ?

m
l
November 19, 2011 10:06:15 PM

The card actually still has the one long beep & 3 small beeps..All conectors plugged in place & yes im using top slot.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 10:32:30 PM

One long and 3 short indicate memory issues. Your RAM could be at fault. Reseat it and see if it works.

Try this:
Boot with just your CPU, MoBo, PSU, and heatsink fan. If it beeps, you're good. If not, bad PSU.
Add the RAM. If it beeps, you're good. If it does not, your RAM is bad.
Add the GPU. If it beeps, your good. If not, bad GPU.
Now add all the other parts one by one.
Any issues that occur from here indicate either a motherboard issue or PSU issue.
m
l
!