Swashbuckle

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I just built a rig with an amd3+ mobo and an FX 8120...i put the stock fan on it but its kinda loud and it overheats at times..is that normal for the 8120 if so should i invest in a hydro cooler? Lets sy like the H80 Corsair hydro series?

Solution
You can if the fan noise is a concern. Heat isn't an issue at this point. You've got plenty of headroom for a "hot room." Remember that a degree C is 9/5 of a degree F. Your room temperature could rise by even 27 F before you'd touch the 80 C mark.

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

Most stock fans are loud, that's normal.

When you say it overheats, do you mean that it actually shuts down from overheating, or that it gets hotter than you want?

The liquid cooling kits are good, but generally overkill for most builds, a good air cooler would be significantly cheaper (something of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 flavor.)
But, if that's what you want, they work, and well.

One other question I'm compelled to ask: are you sure that your case has adequate ventilation?

Swashbuckle

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Should i get a better cooling fan rather then the stock one anyway? The cooler master seems great, and cheaper then the Corsair. What would you sudjest? My cncerns are that i live in a room which gets kinda hot at times, i want my rig to stay cool under extreme gaming.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
You can if the fan noise is a concern. Heat isn't an issue at this point. You've got plenty of headroom for a "hot room." Remember that a degree C is 9/5 of a degree F. Your room temperature could rise by even 27 F before you'd touch the 80 C mark.

Solution