Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
i5 2500K
MSi Z68A-GD80 (B3)
MSi N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 2-way SLI
G.SKILL 16GB (4x4GB) 1600Mhz CL9
1TB Seagate Barracuda X3
120GB SSD Force Series GT SATAIII 6gb/s (x2)
Samsun Blu-ray combo drive
ASUS 24x Dvdwriter
Corsair AX850w
Noctua NH-D14
Noctua NF-P12 120mm(bottom Fan)
Thermaltake Level 10 GT (Black)

Hi i currently have my i5 at 4.2Ghz OC and the rest of my system at Stock clock out of the box, and well my mobo too so i can make use of my 1600Mhz,
and well some people told me i'm wasting my system if im not overclocking them to certain degree (including the gpu/ram) so i would like to ask if theres any high performance benefit if i were to overclock them to a higher degree?
well i use my rig to play games at the same time while 3d rendering or other stuff hence why i have 16GB ram, but recent i've been having some problem, i currently use 3 Monitor Setup 1920x1080 resolution each, and i do game on 3 monitors but i actually want to do it this way

Left Monitor(facebook/youtube/forums etc.) ----- Middle Monitor (GAMING) ----------- Right Monitor (Autocad/3D Rendering/Video Editing etc.)

i currently have problem doing it this way as right now i'm doing it in a Alt-Tab way, so i would like to ask as to how can i access it like this? lets say if i use 3 mouse, 1 for gaming, 1 for the left screen adn 1 for the right screen. and lets say it would be the same with 3 keyboards, or if this doesn't work, are there any alternative?

i would like to game while waiting for my system to finish my other work, although i could have bought an i7 2600k but well the performance i get form it isn't worth my money hence that's why i do gaming while waiting for my work to finish

i hope someone could give me the answer i'm looking for, since alt tabbing, isn't really comfortable, and well im actually new to 3-way monitor setup, since i used to have only 1 monitor.

many thanks for those that are trying to help ^_^

I'm sorry to say but even with 3 mice you will not have 3 cursers. With 3 mice it will still control your 1 curser. Same with keyboards.

AFAIK alt tabbing is the only way, UNLESS you game in Windowed mode (I don't know if you've ever tried it, but some people hate windowed mode). Windowed mode will allow your curser to jump off the gaming screen and onto your other screens easier than alt tabbing.

The only thing I can think of is either using a remote desktop to another computer, or having 2 computers connected to a single screen so you can just switch inputs on the screen, although this way it will cause bloat meaning an extra keyboard and mouse and another computer.

Many years ago I saw a computer - well actually it was 2 computers in 1 case, kind of neat, but somewhat impractical for the daily user.

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
well yeah i tried window mode and in fps games i died more thans than i can count >.< but i guess it really is just alt tabbing, but anyways thank you for taking your time ^___^ but hopefully in the near future we can have something like this would save a lot of trouble too ^_^