You know which 2 processors I'm going to compare...... (i5)

epicmango

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
i5 2550k
vs
i5 3570

Here's my argument. Microcenter is having this insane deal which gives you a i5 3570 for $190....

Thats $52 extra bucks I keep in my wallet if I go for a IB vs a SB i5 because for some reason, they increased the SB i5 prices...

My uses for this machine.

I want this system to last me for the next 2-4 gaming years...

I want to be able to completely be max out any games that come out within the next 2-4 years

All you need to know is that I'll have either mentioned SB i5 quad core or IB i5 quad core on 8GB's of ram on a XFX Oc'd 7850...

I want to OC either processor eventually to keep up with the demand of gaming..not because I feel like being a badass and want to OC.

So basically put, the processor will be on stock clock for atleast a year maybe even 2 years time..

Then after that I Overclock to around 4.5-4.7 stable for the remainder that I have the processor for, which would most likely be for the next year or 2 after the 2 years.

Whats your verdict folks?

Jaywill

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
$190 looks like a great price right out of the gate. I'd have to drive up to Orange County from San Diego (we are stuck with Fry's for brick and mortar down here) to get that price though, which I'm not going to do. Newegg and Fry's opened at $250, so I'll be waiting a couple of weeks to see if they catch a clue and price it in the $200 - $220 range.

epicmango

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

The only problem I heard about it was its cooling problems while OC'd..

If it didn't have that problem I wouldn't be here :D

i5 3570 it is...

Now onto the z77 mobo for it..

Anybody have recommendations. I would like to stay under $140 bucks

licktheenvelope

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012

Don't have Microcenter up here but didn't I read they have some crazy motherboard combo's with IB processors right now?

epicmango

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Thee problem is that I'm not buying my setup JUST yet..

Maybe a month down the line is when the build goes down...

Prices may change then. Those Combo's might not exist then..

I'll just come back on here with my entire build and see if anybody knows any deals on any of the parts that I am getting.

But for now, I am looking for everything seperate, no combo's. Just ensures that I get the highest possible price, so I know atleast how much I will spend at the most.

But back to suggestions for mobo's

Apparently the z68 mobo I was planning to get for my 2500k isn't going to work with IB...

So z77 it is

aganarok

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
You looking at the same micro center I am? My local micro center has the 2500k for $170
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354589&bc=