Sign in with
Your question

1000 GBP full build with peripherals

Last response: in Systems
January 17, 2012 3:05:03 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Purchase date could possibly be the end of Feb 2012.

Budget Range: Around 950 - 1100 GBP but this needs to include the whole system. Including case, psup, disks, dvd drive, screen and peripherals.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Gaming, Gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies.

Parts Not Required: Need everything.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I am new to the UK which is why I don't have any re-usable parts. I also don't have any preferred websites for the same reason. Any advice as to a good few companies to stick to would also be greatly appreciated.

Parts Preferences: Definitely Intel Sandybridge i5 CPU. I prefer the Nvidia graphics cards. I have read that the Z68 series Motherboards are the ones to go for with the i5's. No real preference over the other things but would take advice as to the better brands, especially from a mobo, Psup and case point of view.

Overclocking: Maybe, I have never overclocked before but will be reading up on it after posting this thread.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, If the returns are really worth it. I may consider getting a strong card now and joining it in a few months to a twin. Possibly around the GTX 560 Ti range.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200. Preferred resolutions but I mainly want the 2ms response possibly around the 22" size but that depends on the funds left over at the end of the build.

Additional Comments: I have a light knowledge of RAM and PCU balance as far as clock speeds and the like are concerned. I also am quite comfortable with looking up which GPU's and CPU's are recommended, I just struggle with the whole balance of Psup, Mobo, CPU, RAM.
I also managed to bring a large external 1TB hard drive with me when I moved, so I have plenty of storage space for the moment. Would you recommend I get an SSD for my OS and 1 or 2 of my more frequently played games, or is that not money well spent and I should aim for a 500GB HDD?

Preferred peripherals: I have always managed to get by with a stock £10 logitech keyboard. Although partly out of lack of funds. Is a G19 or similar worth the extra investment? Even if it happens to be bought the next month. I need a good 7 button plus mouse, preference is for the lighter more streamlined models, not the bulky high ones.

Thank you in advance.
January 17, 2012 4:09:44 PM

So I am considering:

Processor: i5 2500k/2400
G-Card: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
Motherboard:Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68
Ram: 8GB 1600 DDR3 ( What speed would be recommended with either of those processors?)
PSU: ?
Mouse: Logitech G500 Gaming mouse
Keyboard: £10 pound black or G19 depending on budget.
Case: Coomaster storm scout

I will possibly just buy a screen from a local electronics store.

Do any of these parts not combine well? Anything in a particular part, like the Motherboard that might be inadequate for the rest of the build, or for future graphics upgrade potential?
!