Graphic Corruption while playing in high/optimal quality

RachPhantom40

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi there! I have an ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB and I can play many games in high quality. I have ATI catalyst control center to handle my graphics card performance and i can choose if i want to run my games in high performance, optimal performance, Balanced, high quality and optimal quality. However when i choose high or optimal quality i get horrible graphic corruption while playing games. Can I do sth about that or keep playing in balanced? Thanks for reading friends.

download gpuz and check your card temps. also have you overclocked? in either case you could be overstressing the card and causing artifacts...

also, there's usually not a reason to use catalyst control center to force settings... have you tried just using the game settings

i should have specified. if your getting that temp on optimal you should be fine.

what resolution are you playing at? the 5570 is a pretty low end card... by graphics corruption do you mean pixelation/artifacts, or stuttering frames/low frame rates? is it happening in every game or just some?