Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and ASUS P8Z68-v Pro/Gen3 -- Known issues?

Last response: in Components
April 30, 2012 6:09:47 PM

After building my gaming rig, I finally decided on the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. I just ordered this from Newegg, and I assumed (maybe wrongly) that this heat sink would have no problems with my ASUS P8Z68-v Pro/Gen3 motherboard. However, I'm a bit concerned that I may run into issues after reading through some forum posts.

Are there any known issues with this heat sink and motherboard? I have Corsair Low Profile DDR3-1600 memory in my motherboard. I'm worried about space issues (this is all in an Antec P280 case) and problems with the BIOS reporting low fan speed, which I've read can occur using this heat sink and motherboard combo.

Any owners out there have advice on the best way to configure this?

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2012 8:31:27 PM

EmuBite said:
After building my gaming rig, I finally decided on the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. I just ordered this from Newegg, and I assumed (maybe wrongly) that this heat sink would have no problems with my ASUS P8Z68-v Pro/Gen3 motherboard. However, I'm a bit concerned that I may run into issues after reading through some forum posts.

Are there any known issues with this heat sink and motherboard? I have Corsair Low Profile DDR3-1600 memory in my motherboard. I'm worried about space issues (this is all in an Antec P280 case) and problems with the BIOS reporting low fan speed, which I've read can occur using this heat sink and motherboard combo.

Any owners out there have advice on the best way to configure this?

Well the asus board has the ability to turn off fan monitoring soo that is not an issue.
If you have low profile ram, this is made specifically to combat large air coolers so I very much doubt you will have any problems.
May 1, 2012 4:50:44 PM

I'll let you know how it goes -- my Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo should arrive tomorrow.
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2012 4:50:51 PM

Best answer selected by EmuBite.
m
l
May 23, 2012 7:13:21 PM

EmuBite said:
So How was the spacing issue with the setup.

m
l
!