Antec SX830 Case

G

http://www.antec-inc.com/product/cases/wkstion.htm

Any comments on this case?

I've heard good things about Antec on other forums, but the thread on Antec case fans has some bad things to say about the power supplies & fan noise.

Thanks
Eric

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
I like Enlight cases. Not to sure aboutAntec, although some people describe them as [-peep-]. The Enlight case has two spots for incoming and outgoing air chasis fans. Get a 350W PS with it.

- I don't write Tom's Hardware Guide, I just preach it"

G

Yea, the enlight is a nice case, I've worked with them.
The problem is lack of drive bays.

I'll be filling both the exposed 3.5 bays (floppy & zip), and 3 of the 5.25 (CD, CDRW, USB Hub). On the 7237, that leaves only 1 internal 3.5, and an external 5.25. I plan on putting at least two drives in the box which leaves no expansion room from day 1 :-(

The antec already has 2 exhaust case fans (and slace for 2 intake fans in front). This pretty much makes up the difference in price.
Thanks
Eric

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

G

I bought this case if that tells you anything. But I only have two hard drives and 3 5.25 drives so it is big enough for me. There is a new one however, that has more external drive bays. Something like the 1230? It looks very similar so I can only assume that it is as easy to work with as the 830. That's the primary reason I went with the Antec 830. It has a great balance of features. Sturdy, easy access, good looks, not too big, and not too small.

- Every private citizen has a public responsibility