Sign in with
Your question

RDP connection has some blue area, (Not BSOD)

Last response: in Networking
February 8, 2011 5:49:35 PM

I have a user running XP Pro SP 3. They have been using RDP for a long time now, and just yesterday something strange started happening.
After logging into the terminal server, when he opens a PDF, a blank mspaint, or a number of other programs, the blank areas of the screen are a light blue.
He is still able to work fine, and when he prints the blue doesn't come out on the print out. We have tried rebooting his laptop and the server to no avail.
Any suggestions would be fantastic.
If i can upload a picture I would, but I don't know how.
February 9, 2011 4:39:12 PM

is this light blue the same colour as his desktop by any chance?

you can upload a photo using the print screen key and paint, just hit that key when the screen is showing the issue and then paste it into paint and save/upload it

a note though, often windows doesn't catch screen glitches with printscreen, as it is not actually taking a picture of the screen, but rather copying what should be shown there into the clipboard
February 10, 2011 11:17:39 AM

cyrus40540057 said:
is this light blue the same colour as his desktop by any chance?

you can upload a photo using the print screen key and paint, just hit that key when the screen is showing the issue and then paste it into paint and save/upload it

a note though, often windows doesn't catch screen glitches with printscreen, as it is not actually taking a picture of the screen, but rather copying what should be shown there into the clipboard

I have an image, All i had to do was open paint, and the whole area (Since it is blank) is already a blue hue. So just did a screen capture of that.
However, I ment i did not know how to upload a picture onto this forum, I see where to enter a URL for a picture, but its on my desktop not a website like facebook or something.

Any hints?
Related resources
February 10, 2011 2:45:40 PM

http://tinypic.com/r/10csqvt/7

both the image pic and url.
again the pic is of ms paint, but i did NOT paint it that blue. Any are that is blank like that is filled blue, word, excel, pdf, outlook, etc.
!