Since yesterday Windos XP Prof. shuts itself about 2 seconds after I logged
on. I also cannot start in a safetymode with prompt, since windos always
needs a logon. What to do???

MJJ <MJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Since yesterday Windos XP Prof. shuts itself about 2 seconds after I logged
>on. I also cannot start in a safetymode with prompt, since windos always
>needs a logon. What to do???

Try this: "How to Start System Restore Tool From a Command Prompt in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304449).
If this does not help, restore your newest ASR backup or reinstall
Windows if no backup is available.
"How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341)

--
(tm)

TRENDING THREADS