Sign in with
Your question

First build is a success!

Last response: in Systems
January 18, 2012 12:29:06 AM

I wanted to let you know that my first build was a success and very satisfying. Thank you all for the help you have given me here. :) 

More about : build success

January 18, 2012 1:41:08 AM

congrats on your first build :) 

How much did it cost to build it, I'm hesitant to build anything over $600. lol. Too much money you know?:p  can't bare the thought breaking something not like a dumb bimbo type of thing but like holding the CPU on its back on accident and breaking or damaging. But anyways yeah have fun gaming! :) 
m
l
January 18, 2012 2:27:28 AM

Feels great doesn't it? Was it easier or harder than you thought?
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2012 2:58:54 AM

Thanks. It feels better than GREAT.
It was much easier than I expected but I have been doing my homework since last November deciding what I wanted... and why. I researched each component, researched how each worked and how to install them. Read this site's forums and asked questions. The Newegg three part series on pc building was a big help... I watched them over and over... even had one playing on another pc as I was building.

I took my time and was very, very careful. It only took a day to assemble.

Price was $1401.18 after rebates and also included WIN7 Home, Logitec 305 mouse, CMaster Hyper 212 PLUS cooler, Logitech G110 keyboard, Samsung 22x DVD burner, Rosewill im5002 card reader and two 2311x HP 23" monitors.

I have two 1TB WD Blacks and two Samsung 2TB drives that are existing storage drives that I will add to it.

My wife still asks me why I need two monitors. I am the lone techie in our house. As long as all the computers work and the wireless network is up, the wife and kids are happy. :) 
m
l
January 18, 2012 3:30:51 AM

Nicely done, the HDD I picked out is only 500gb yours is huge :D 
m
l
January 18, 2012 3:42:47 AM

Congratulations.
m
l
January 18, 2012 3:59:39 AM

pcdad said:
My wife still asks me why I need two monitors. I am the lone techie in our house. As long as all the computers work and the wireless network is up, the wife and kids are happy. :) 

That is what I want! I have two of them at work. Once you have two it is really hard to go back to just one. :D 
m
l
January 18, 2012 4:08:45 AM

Agreed. I have two at work too.
My WIN index scores are 7.5/7.8/7.4/7.4/7.9
Don't know if it really matters but the new pc is sweet.
m
l
January 18, 2012 2:32:07 PM

wow you've a high WEI index how did you get it that high?? how much did your build cost with 1 monitor and all; do you've a SSD? I heard you couldn't get that high with out it
m
l
January 18, 2012 3:04:47 PM

shell shocke said:
wow you've a high WEI index how did you get it that high?? how much did your build cost with 1 monitor and all; do you've a SSD? I heard you couldn't get that high with out it

Yes, I am running a Crucial M4 SSD. See earlier in the thread for my costs.... and that's with two monitors.
m
l
January 18, 2012 3:11:22 PM

Enjoy your gaming rig! ~:) ~
m
l
!