Building Gaming Rig

i3nb

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Hello,

I am going to be building my own home gaming computer, I've never built one myself, I was looking at Alienware but it's to expensive and heard you can build your own that's twice as better and less expensive. Since this is my first time can anyone give me some help how do I start, what should I be looking for.

Thanks!

digdog

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
well, building a computer is made up of two points - buying the parts, and assembly;

assembly is easy, there's a couple things you might want to know first, like "don't work on carpeted areas or other electrostatically-dangerous places", and "don't touch the exposed bits of the cpu .. but besides that, it's really a matter of "push the stick inside the slot". if you can tell the difference between a square and a triangle you can assemble a PC. a monkey could do it.

buying the parts isn't so easy, not only you have to buy stuff that works together, you also have to buy stuff that is at the same level of quality and power, or you wind up with an expensive piece that isn't working at max because everything else is holding it back.

having said that, you can go ahead and build your PC easily.

1) chose a case.

2) chose if a single GPU is enough, and on those grounds buy a PSU.

3) buy a 3570k and a 1155 Z77 motherboard (any will do, even the cheapest one)

4) grab some DDR3 ram that works at 1.5 volts

5) buy a Hyper 212Evo and a tube of artic silver thermal paste

6) grab a HD or two, and if you can, a SSD (saw some Mushkin 240Gb for $200)

7) buy a GPU

8) buy a DVDRW

go home, read the instructions, put everything together and enjoy your new PC

digdog

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
well apparently not only poster's history doesn't work, edit function doesnt work either.

concerning the post..i can be more specific, but you need to post:
1) your budget
2) what you do with your PC (game, folding, photoshop, etc..)
3) country where you live
4) what hardware you already have (HD, monitor, fans, etc..)
5) what resolution you play at/how many monitors you use
well, building a computer is made up of two points - buying the parts, and assembly;

assembly is easy, there's a couple things you might want to know first, like "don't work on carpeted areas or other electrostatically-dangerous places", and "don't touch the exposed bits of the cpu .. but besides that, it's really a matter of "push the stick inside the slot". if you can tell the difference between a square and a triangle you can assemble a PC. a monkey could do it.

buying the parts isn't so easy, not only you have to buy stuff that works together, you also have to buy stuff that is at the same level of quality and power, or you wind up with an expensive piece that isn't working at max because everything else is holding it back.

having said that, you can go ahead and build your PC easily.

1) chose a case.

2) chose if a single GPU is enough, and on those grounds buy a PSU.

3) buy a 3570k and a 1155 Z77 motherboard (any will do, even the cheapest one)

4) grab some DDR3 ram that works at 1.5 volts

5) buy a Hyper 212Evo and a tube of artic silver thermal paste

6) grab a HD or two, and if you can, a SSD (saw some Mushkin 240Gb for $200)

7) buy a GPU

8) buy a DVDRW

go home, read the instructions, put everything together and enjoy your new PC

mexicandread

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=d_56kyib-Ls&src_vid=lPIXAtNGGCw&annotation_id=annotation_92066

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_856317&v=RxaVBsXEiok&src_vid=d_56kyib-Ls&feature=iv

If you are more of a visual learner these videos made by newegg should be useful.

Also, if you are using it for purely gaming, I would go with an i5 processor, an Asus PZ68 motherboard, a PSU around 600 or 650w, maybe a nice graphics card of your choice (a 560ti would be good), and a case of your choice. These would help to make a nice first build.