Was GT4 a poor seller?

Just curious. I've seen it being practically given away for £17.99 on some
online stores. I always thought GT4 was one of SONY's flagship games that's
all.

Absolute wrote:

> Just curious. I've seen it being practically given away for £17.99 on some
> online stores. I always thought GT4 was one of SONY's flagship games that's
> all.

Possibly as it's just not the game we all expected or wanted. Good but
no coconut
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Possibly as it's just not the game we all expected or wanted. Good but
> no coconut

Gorgeous game, terrific physics model, amazing tracks, brilliant
cars... And not much fun to play after the first week. Strange but
true.

I'm more of a sim racer than an arcade racer, but as far as fun goes,
Burnout 3 kicks GT4's ass out the door, through the parking lot, and
into traffic.

Nick

--
#include<stdio.h> /* sigmask (sig.c) 20041028 PUBLIC DOMAIN */
int main(c,v)char *v;{return !c?putchar(* /* cc -o sig sig.c */

Nick Vargish wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Possibly as it's just not the game we all expected or wanted. Good but
> > no coconut
>
> Gorgeous game, terrific physics model, amazing tracks, brilliant
> cars... And not much fun to play after the first week. Strange but
> true.
>
> I'm more of a sim racer than an arcade racer, but as far as fun goes,
> Burnout 3 kicks GT4's ass out the door, through the parking lot, and
> into traffic.
>
> Nick
>
> --

Well, call me naughty but I picked up Forza just because I'm a racing
addict and although it has rough edges it's generally more fun that
GT4, which I agree is gorgeous, beautiful etc etc and just not sodding
fun any more.

That's not to say that Forza is all plain sailing (or driving even)
but if Polyphony had seen it first and used it as a target to better
then we might have had a kick ass game I'd be playing for years to
come.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look