Closed Solved

PCIE 1.0 x16 compatible with PCIE 2.1?

I have asked this before, but never got a direct answer. Will a PCIE 2.1 GPU work in my PCIE 1.0 x16 with little to no problems?

Best answer would be past experience, but will take anything. Thanks! :hello:
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pcie compatible pcie
  1. yes, it is compatible
  2. I know it is compatible, but I want to make sure that problems won't arise from using 2 higher upgrades.
  3. which card are you buying to upgrade?
  4. You wont have problems , the card will run at 1.0 X16
  5. I am getting the Radeon HD 6850 (Siggy is my comp to come)
  6. monsta said:
    You wont have problems , the card will run at 1.0 X16

do you have any evidence that they have no problem's.there is some issue with installing high-end card in 1.0.
  7. Best answer
    rocknrollz said:
    I am getting the Radeon HD 6850 (Siggy is my comp to come)

yes, you will be fine with 6850.
  8. please, there are literally 100's of threads with this exact topic. Search next time. There is no definite answer for this, its not the slot itself that will have an issue, if anything its the BIOS. Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed. I know particularly on my motherboard 2.1 cards dont work properly without the latest bios and some cards dont work at all, i had trouble getting mine to work (my board is notorious for this problem). your motherboard is reasonably new and should work, just update your BIOS if you have problems.
  9. Best answer selected by RockNRollz.
  10. Thanks you im2, and sorry. Will check more next time.
  11. Speaking from my own experience , have installed many graphics cards on different systems and have never encountered a problem with newer cards on the older boards I have worked with.
    I always update the bios on a pc I'm working with its just a standard procedure I follow.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Compatibility Graphics