What should I do to get a maximum of my new system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Here is what I got:

Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Corsair AX1200 Gold
Asus P9X79 Pro
Intel i7-3930K 3.2GHz
Corsair H100 CPU Liquid Cooling
G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4) 2133 MHz
Gigabyte 7970 HD 3GB
Corsair Force GT SSD 60GB SATA 3 + Corsair Force GT SSD 180GB SATA 3 + Samsung 2TB 7200RPM
Asus Xonar Essence STX

So far, I used Asus OC function which automatically overclocked a CPU. What else should I do with the system to get the max of the system? What tools should I use for GPU and RAM overclocking?

Thank you, folks.

Solution
You should find a sandybrindge overclocking guide for your cpu. To test cpu core stability use prime95 "small fft" option with core temp software to monitor temps. For ram overclocking use memtest86+ for stability. Generally I would say use MSI afterburner for gpu overclocking. It also monitors temps and allows you to adjust voltages. To change voltages and have access to higher overclocking frequencies look up MSI afterburner EULA on a search engine. Testing gpu stability for me has always been trail and error, play different games and adjust frequecies till its stable and showing no artifacts. Make sure that you overclock and stability test one component. Overclocking two or more things at one time can create situation's were...

Phyrexiancure

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
You should find a sandybrindge overclocking guide for your cpu. To test cpu core stability use prime95 "small fft" option with core temp software to monitor temps. For ram overclocking use memtest86+ for stability. Generally I would say use MSI afterburner for gpu overclocking. It also monitors temps and allows you to adjust voltages. To change voltages and have access to higher overclocking frequencies look up MSI afterburner EULA on a search engine. Testing gpu stability for me has always been trail and error, play different games and adjust frequecies till its stable and showing no artifacts. Make sure that you overclock and stability test one component. Overclocking two or more things at one time can create situation's were instability issues that cannot be pin pointed.

Solution
Check the overclocking section, theres a guide for Sb chips there
you can set your ram manually to Oc but theres no realworld advantage to that anyway
and as stated, afterburner for your cards
and yes, only fiddle with one thing at a time, makes it easier to find out what went wrong faster :p
Moto

G

Yes, everything works. Thanks. Had a bit of a problem with oc gpu, cranked the frequency up toO high, had to reset the bios and clear CMOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.