Skyrim and Asus DirectCU II HD 6970 (Low FPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedycuban

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
When Skyrim determines the best quality it always selects medium quality, when i first got the game i could easily play at ultra with 50-55 FPS but now ultra i would be lucky to get 5 FPS. All that has changed was that i updated the drivers to the 11.11, so i tried downgrading by uninstalling it then install all the 11.8 drivers etc. Still it says medium quality, when setting it to ultra right now i can get around 50FPS inside and outside i get 5 FPS were as i used to get 50 or 55.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.6GHz
8 GB's of GSKill RAM
Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H Mobo
Asus DirectCU II HD 6970 @ Stock settings on 11.8 drivers
5400RPM 500GB HDD

If you guys need any info from me i will provide it, im just trying to find out why my graphics card performance has gone to crap.

Solution
Your bus interface is running at x1 instead of x16. The card is not properly functioning. I've found, most the time this occurs, it's due to a poor seating of the card. Try removing it, cleaning the contacts and blowing out the slot and reinstalling it.
Your bus interface is running at x1 instead of x16. The card is not properly functioning. I've found, most the time this occurs, it's due to a poor seating of the card. Try removing it, cleaning the contacts and blowing out the slot and reinstalling it.

Solution

speedycuban

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
It makes sense now, i had taken my computer apart to do some cleaning and i guess i didnt seat the card right when i put it back together. Its now running perfectly again, all i had to do was take the card out and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.