Why does my BF3 quit on me!?

gameridgoeshere

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hi, I have recently been trying to play BF3 and when I play for a few minutes I get this error:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'GamerIDGoesHere' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

Any idea why?

Also I know this may be in the wrong category but I thought it was closest.

Thanks
- Dan

Vortex_451

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

Dan I was having same problems and I dont know if i fixed it or it was coincedental as i am not tech head.
But i assume you know how to manually update pb for a game, if not google it because you have to do it at some point.

1. Go to the Bf3 application folder. (C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield)
2. Locate the "pb" folder.
3. Delete the content of the "pb" folder but DO NOT delete the folder itself.
4. Now you can manually update the PB

But its not fixed yet
In the same location (C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield) their is a pb exe file (not in the pb folder)which is an install/repair file, run this, if it only runs for 6 or so lines it hasnt reinstalled properly if runs right through it should be ok.

Try your game now if not working.

1. Go to the Bf3 application folder. (C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield)
2. Locate the "pb" folder.
3. Delete the content of the "pb" folder but DO NOT delete the folder itself.
4. Now you can manually update the PB

In the location (C:\Program File or just C:) their is a pb folder with the pb exe file which is an install/repair file run this, if it only runs for 6 or so lines it hasnt reinstalled properly if runs right through it should be ok.

As i said i am not a tech head and i am not sure exactly which pb exe file i used but my bf3 works again.

also some computers have x86ProgramFiles if so in my case thats where the origin game folder lived

I hope this works for you, like I said i dont know if i fixed or it was coincedental that its now ok