Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Please help me decidie between 2 configurations

Last response: in Systems
January 18, 2012 8:24:41 AM

hi forum need help deciding between 2 builds one is from cyberpower and one is from ibuypower im leaning towards the ibuypower build since it comes with bf3 and batman arkahm city for free but please give me your suggestions first the ibuypower build after mir and shipping its going to be 975ish and the cypower is 1085ish

Case 1 x NZXT Guardian 921 RB Gaming Case-Black w/ Red Light
Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)-
Processor Cooling 1 x Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155]-ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
Memory 1 x 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 900MHz-Single Card
Video Card Brand 1 x Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA-
Free Stuff 1 x [Free Game Voucher] - Batman Arkham City-Free with Purchase of NVIDIA GeForce 5 Series Video Card
Free Stuff 1 x [Free Game Download] - Battlefield 3-Free with Purchase of Intel 2500K, 2600K, 2700K, 3930K, or 3960X Processor
Motherboard 1 x [SLI] Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, Lucid Virtu Technology-
Power Supply 1 x 750 Watt - Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M-Free Upgrade to 850 Watt W0319RU ($20 Savings)
Primary Hard Drive 1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Optical Drive 1 x 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit
Keyboard 1 x iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard-
Mouse 1 x iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse- 1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System-Protect your investment during transportation!
Subtotal* $937.00 (plus tax & shipping)

next heres the cyber power build after mir discounts and shipping its 1085ish

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CAS:Azza Fusion 3000 Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x 140mm & 2x 120mm fans, front USB 3.0, HDD Easy Swap, & 360MM liquid cooling ready [+39]

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [-96]

CS_FAN:D efault case fans

FAN:CoolIT ECO II-240 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooling System 240MM Radiator & Dual Fans

FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MEMORY:4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [-37] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX MB w/ Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:o nboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK:p ro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

POWERSUPPLY:1,000 Watts - Raidmax RX-1000AE 80 Plus Gold Power Supply [+71]

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+79] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

More about : decidie configurations

January 18, 2012 9:34:18 AM

NO on the Raidmax PSU. The first build is better for that reason. It would be better yet if you changed the PSU from the Tt 750W to a Corsair HX750 or such.
Score
January 19, 2012 3:12:50 AM

^+1 on the PSU's

You don't need a 1000w PSU anyway unless you are getting a GTX 590. Two things make sure you get enough fans for cooling. I had to buy 3 after market to install in my rig for the cooling.

Second thing add some more ram at least 8 GB and you might to look into two GPU's but you don't have to just your one card is a good card or for a few dollars more get the GTX 560 Ti 1GB 448 core. This is a card that is in between the 560 and the 570.

Other than that the 1st choice with the recomended PSU. And Good Luck to you
Score
Related resources
January 20, 2012 5:50:03 AM

DM186 said:
^+1 on the PSU's

You don't need a 1000w PSU anyway unless you are getting a GTX 590. Two things make sure you get enough fans for cooling. I had to buy 3 after market to install in my rig for the cooling.

Second thing add some more ram at least 8 GB and you might to look into two GPU's but you don't have to just your one card is a good card or for a few dollars more get the GTX 560 Ti 1GB 448 core. This is a card that is in between the 560 and the 570.

Other than that the 1st choice with the recomended PSU. And Good Luck to you

ibupower doesnt offer the 560ti 448 core and on cyberpower its the same price as the 570 boo and on the ram im going to sell the 4gb they give me and buy 8gb ram at newegg since its cheaper ill probably get the ibuypower build but want to keep it under 1000 but still have head room to upgrade and is this case worth 60 bucks more CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Gaming Case and one more thing should i wait for ivy bridge and nvidia 600 series to be released will prices go down if i wait or can i get the same price on newer parts like is the nvidia 670 going to cost the same as the 570 does now
Score
January 20, 2012 5:53:01 AM

Proximon said:
NO on the Raidmax PSU. The first build is better for that reason. It would be better yet if you changed the PSU from the Tt 750W to a Corsair HX750 or such.

it actually is the 850watt i guess its a free upgrade from the 750watt version is a oced 560ti going to be good enough for bf3 on high ill be playing at 1080p on 1 monitor and want consistent above 45fps cause the 570 is 120 more i rather get a 560ti if it plays bf3 on high then get a 600 series latter
Score
January 20, 2012 7:08:22 AM

Punctuation is your friend.

Score
January 20, 2012 5:02:33 PM

Proximon said:
Punctuation is your friend.

Sorry about no punctuation I'm using my phone to type on this forum. Do you think a 560ti is good enough for bf3 on high
Score
January 20, 2012 5:58:29 PM

That would depend on the monitor resolution. BF3 is pretty much the most demanding title out right now, and any card you can afford is going to have to have some reduced settings to run smoothly.
Score

Best solution

January 21, 2012 4:35:21 AM

peep1988 said:
ibupower doesnt offer the 560ti 448 core and on cyberpower its the same price as the 570 boo and on the ram im going to sell the 4gb they give me and buy 8gb ram at newegg since its cheaper ill probably get the ibuypower build but want to keep it under 1000 but still have head room to upgrade and is this case worth 60 bucks more CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Gaming Case and one more thing should i wait for ivy bridge and nvidia 600 series to be released will prices go down if i wait or can i get the same price on newer parts like is the nvidia 670 going to cost the same as the 570 does now

The Nvidia 6xx series are more than than a few months off. But what ever MOBO you get make sure you can use the third Gen. that is comeing out. At this time of the events it is hard to say to someone to wait or to go for it.

The only thing I can say is how bad do you need this rig? Some people will buy the cards now and sell them later on. The only reason I went to Cyberpower They had more of a slection to choose from.

I would have done a few things different if I had known about Tom's Hardwear. My GPU's and my PSU would have been my changes. I like my tower it is a full sized one I have plenty of room plus it came with a hot dock. where I can plug in any HDD internal type with out running wires to it.

Yes I don't know what yours look's like but as long as it is full size then you have lots of room. Back to the GPU's I herd and don't quote me on this but the GTX 680 is going to be the first one released sooner than scheled.

Good idea on getting the min now and then sale it and buy it cheaper and better later. You would think the prices would drop but it could go either way. I think you have just take a chance on that. Anyway I wish you the best with you up coming rig I know I did with mine. Good luck to ya.
January 21, 2012 5:21:44 AM

Proximon said:
That would depend on the monitor resolution. BF3 is pretty much the most demanding title out right now, and any card you can afford is going to have to have some reduced settings to run smoothly.

i want to game at 1920 by 1080p on one monitor and i dont care about anti alliasing and what not
Score
January 21, 2012 5:26:51 AM

DM186 said:
The Nvidia 6xx series are more than than a few months off. But what ever MOBO you get make sure you can use the third Gen. that is comeing out. At this time of the events it is hard to say to someone to wait or to go for it.

The only thing I can say is how bad do you need this rig? Some people will buy the cards now and sell them later on. The only reason I went to Cyberpower They had more of a slection to choose from.

I would have done a few things different if I had known about Tom's Hardwear. My GPU's and my PSU would have been my changes. I like my tower it is a full sized one I have plenty of room plus it came with a hot dock. where I can plug in any HDD internal type with out running wires to it.

Yes I don't know what yours look's like but as long as it is full size then you have lots of room. Back to the GPU's I herd and don't quote me on this but the GTX 680 is going to be the first one released sooner than scheled.

Good idea on getting the min now and then sale it and buy it cheaper and better later. You would think the prices would drop but it could go either way. I think you have just take a chance on that. Anyway I wish you the best with you up coming rig I know I did with mine. Good luck to ya.

thanks for all your help i think i need to wait im not desperate for a pc i dont want to get a pc with windows 7 when windoes 8 is around the corner so i dont want to spend 100 bucks twice. ivy bridge i heard is going to be priced similarly to sandy bridge. last nvidia is going to price there new generation similarly. ps mommy said i should wait till i get my tax returns which is actually a good idea and again thanks for the help
Score
January 21, 2012 6:00:26 PM

You are more than welcome
Score
January 22, 2012 7:38:37 AM

Best answer selected by peep1988.
Score
January 22, 2012 8:32:54 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!