[New Build/Won't Boot] Researched Guides, still have questions/concern

tp76

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
First let me say in advance thanks for any input, this is my first computer build and it looks like this

Corsair TX650 Power Supply

CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advance Chassis

Samsung S-ATA Blue Ray DVD Writer/Combo

Western Digitial 1.5TB Caviar Black HDD

80GB Corsair SSD

ASUS M5A99X EVO DGI+VRM Motherboard

AMD FX 4100 4-Core 3.6Ghz Black Edition Processor

XFX Double D HD-679X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit Video Card

I have built everything and tried to boot, I get full power across the board with no bios beep from the speaker and nothing on the monitor - I've pulled RAM and all HDD/SSD connections and received the same results - no bios beep

This is the guide I came across http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems and have looked over it a few times - my next move is to breadboard the build and work my way up

I might also add that everything is new out of the box and I also wore an antistatic wriststrap during the build process so static discharge should not be an issue here ;)

Thanks again and I will update this thread as I go through the reverse build process

tp76

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Stopped off and got some thermal paste on my break in case I have to reseat the cpu, hopefully it won't be necessary and I don't think it will be - for a first build I was real careful installing it initially

tp76

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Alright, made it home and disassembled everything - tried to boot up externally with the mobo/cpu/psu main power, speaker, and 24 pin plug only and I had the same results - everything lights up but no bios beep

Tried with the video card in and power attached to it - same results, and the same with one and two ram sticks

Pulled the processor off to inspect the pins and everything is as it should be...

My troubleshooting ideas are spent, if anyone has any tricks or tips please share :)