Hi ,
is there any way of deleting an entry in the list of desktop
wallpapers which is shown when I right click on desktop , select properties
and getting the window "Display Properties " up .Then I click "Desktop"
out of the options shown across the top to change the wall paper,resulting
in the list coming up .I have tried to find a way wuthout success ,can
someone help please .
Thanks in advance .....David

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"David Oak" <David Oak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ,
> is there any way of deleting an entry in the list of desktop
> wallpapers which is shown when I right click on desktop , select
> properties
> and getting the window "Display Properties " up .Then I click "Desktop"
> out of the options shown across the top to change the wall
> paper,resulting
> in the list coming up .I have tried to find a way wuthout success ,can
> someone help please .
> Thanks in advance .....David

the list that comes up is simply referring to background graphic files kept
on disk.
in the list you will find files kept in the WINDOWS directory, but you will
also find files that are kept in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper.
look for .bmp and/or .jpg type files

simply deleting the file will remove it from the list.

hth
george