Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Should I Have Used A Micro Fiber Cloth To Clean My CPU?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2012 6:59:05 AM

Well... I Used A Napkin And I Saw Many Tiny Scraches And Accedentlt Scratched My 8120 While Cleaning It Many Times Was This Bad? My Temp Now Is 15c About Idle
a c 185 à CPUs
May 1, 2012 7:06:33 AM

Did you use rubbing alcohol?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2012 7:09:56 AM

amuffin said:
Did you use rubbing alcohol?

yes
Score
0
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2012 7:33:32 AM

I wouldn't worry, most thermal paste is a little bit abrasive anyway
Score
0
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2012 10:09:44 AM

melikepie said:
Well... I Used A Napkin And I Saw Many Tiny Scraches And Accedentlt Scratched My 8120 While Cleaning It Many Times Was This Bad? My Temp Now Is 15c About Idle

What is the temperature on stress test. This is what matters...
& by "napkin"... do you mean the sanitary one?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2012 11:01:32 AM

randomkid said:
What is the temperature on stress test. This is what matters...
& by "napkin"... do you mean the sanitary one?

No i mean a napking which is NOT a micro fiber cloth, a paper napkin to be exact.
43c-46c on full load
Score
0
May 1, 2012 11:51:27 AM

melikepie said:
No i mean a napking which is NOT a micro fiber cloth, a paper napkin to be exact.
43c-46c on full load


If your temperatures are that good it doesn't matter what you used to clean it.
Score
0

Best solution

a b à CPUs
May 1, 2012 1:37:07 PM

melikepie said:
No i mean a napking which is NOT a micro fiber cloth, a paper napkin to be exact.
43c-46c on full load

Its fine then. No need to worry about the small scratches. The thermal paste will fill it up. That's what its for.
Share
a b à CPUs
May 24, 2012 3:50:27 AM

Best answer selected by melikepie.
Score
0
!