Jan 12, 2012
Hi everyone,

About a month ago I built a desktop with the following components:

MoBo: Intel DX58S02
CPU: Intel i7-990x
GPU: Evga GeForce GTX 570
SSD: Intel 510 120GB (running Win7)
HD: WD Caviar Green 1TB

When it runs, it works like a charm, but unfortunately it seems prone to BSOD's. I seem to get about one or two BSOD's a day, and occassionally it freezes without BSODing while trying to read from the cache. I traced through the BSOD dump files, and while the errors are frequently slightly different, they all seem to be based around mv91xx.sys. A few key excerpts from the dump files are below:

"BugCheck 3D, {fffff8800311b0a0, 0, 0, fffff8800133b67b}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mv91xx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mv91xx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mv91xx.sys
Probably caused by : mv91xx.sys ( mv91xx+3267b )"

and

"BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800fd99050, fffff800055de748, fffffa80136f5010}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mv91xx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mv91xx.sys
Probably caused by : mv91xx.sys"

I have updated all my system drivers, along with all the appropriate firmware and Bios, but the BSOD's persist.

Does anybody know how I might be able to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Solution
it looks like it is caused by "Marvell 9123 Disk Controller".
found a link http://elmaskubilay.blogspot.com/2011/03/mv91xxsys-bsod-repair-windows-7-x64.html
i would not recomend downloading drivers from sites i did not know.

you did not include your memory speed and type. i bet your using ddr3 1600 (pc 12830 ) this seems to be a problem for some 1333 is recomended even though intel claims to support higher speed.

what color or did you connect your hd's to? remember that blue is 6.0 and black is 3.0 verify what speed drives you have.
and no a sata 3.0 will not run faster in a sata 6.0.
no srt support for solid state drives some times the problems went away reloading os to standard drive from the ssd.
it looks like it is caused by "Marvell 9123 Disk Controller".
found a link http://elmaskubilay.blogspot.com/2011/03/mv91xxsys-bsod-repair-windows-7-x64.html
i would not recomend downloading drivers from sites i did not know.

you did not include your memory speed and type. i bet your using ddr3 1600 (pc 12830 ) this seems to be a problem for some 1333 is recomended even though intel claims to support higher speed.

what color or did you connect your hd's to? remember that blue is 6.0 and black is 3.0 verify what speed drives you have.
and no a sata 3.0 will not run faster in a sata 6.0.
no srt support for solid state drives some times the problems went away reloading os to standard drive from the ssd.

Solution

wba4493

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Good guess, and thank you for your help! Yes, I'm running ddr3 1600. I went to the link and downloaded the drivers from the site you recommended, and so far no BSOD's, but I suppose unfortunately only time will tell whether the problem has been solved or not. If it appears that the BSOD's start coming back, then I will look into the possible RAM issues (run memtest and some other diagnostics) and consider switching out the 1600 for a slower speed.

And in answer to your question, my WD Caviar Green HD is plugged into a SATA 3.0 port, but because the Intel 510 SSD supports SATA 6.0, I have it plugged into one of the blue SATA 6 ports. While theoretically this shouldn't be a problem, if after trying driver and RAM fixes the BSOD's persist, I will have to look at shuffling around my HD's to see if maybe it's a SATA 6 issue, or just an issue running the OS from an SSD.

Thanks again for your response! It was hugely helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.