xlrdxrevengex

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
I am looking to do some upgrading on my computer i do not play very graphic intensive games, but want to give it some extra power.

Here are a few specs as of now:

All is stock

300w PSU
6gbs DDR3
Intergraded Graphics and sound
128mb video memory Ewwww!!!!

I am looking at this graphics card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130572

I know i need a bigger PSU so i was looking at this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256071

Will this work in my system

Thanks!!

xlrdxrevengex

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
I will mainly be playing minecraft and doing some minor video editing in hd that is in my budget range. Though is there anything out there maybe a cheaper psu that will work and bring my cost to say about $150.00 ish if not no problem

xlrdxrevengex

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Minecraft mainly i would really like to play on a normal to far distance with fancy graphics and just some minor video editing for now. I am working on setting some money aside for a complete gaming rig but as most know economy just sucks right now. I also play some starcraft and warcraft nothing really like mw3 or bf3, etc..

Can you pull the make and model number off the PSU in that Gateway?

I'm thinking it's probably going to be know. After a few years PSUs loose the ability to output it's full rated power.

The RAIDMAX RX-530SS doesn't look terrible but it's not a name we trust. It's NewEgg customer reviews are OK but I can't find any independent reviews that show it can output stable power to its rated capacity. Or that it has quality parts used in the PSU.

xlrdxrevengex

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Here is a picture of the psu that is currently in my system

IMAG0016.jpg

xlrdxrevengex

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Update Time. I have been using this setup for a little over a week now and have nothing bad to say. I ended up getting a couple new fans as well and all is been good. The new psu seems to be one of the bigger improvements my cpu is running a little quicker and that was before the graphics card was installed and after the the card was installed it is like a whole new pc. I am now in the process of building a computer and will be using this one for regular day to day stuff and let my cousin use it for some gaming. I am looking at getting a new cpu for it as well. so i think that will be the next biggest thing.

Thanks again