Envy 14-2160SE beats edition vs Pavillion dm4-3000 beats edition

sk1939

Distinguished

I hesitate to call a thousand dollar laptop "low end", but in the end yes. Unless you buy a specially built several thousand dollar laptop, you are not going to be able to upgrade the graphics. You can update the RAM and HDD, as has been said, and possibly the processor at a later date.

Which gpu did you upgrade to? Mobile graphics usually can not be upgrade on a laptop that is under $1300.

heretikos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

Dude.. Mobile Graphics???? The HP Envy 2160se comes with the shitty AMD Radeon HD 6630M which you can easily upgrade. I don't understand why you guys are talking like you can't get 16GB of Ram and you can't take the GPU out and put a better one in. Where are you getting your specs?!

We never said you can't upgrade memory, however which GPU did you upgrade to?

Which gpu can you even upgrade to?

Usually laptop gpu's are not easy to upgrade, unless they are based on Clevo etc.

heretikos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

You're right, I thought it said you can't upgrade the RAM. ANd I was totally bullshitting you, I have no clue why. I know I can put a i7 in this. It has to be of certain i7's. But for reals, I can't upgrade the graphics card? I don't see why. I can replace the RAM and the CPU, why not the card? Why can't I just take it out and put a better one in? I'm a noob. I'll admit I'm a moron. Can you tell me briefly at least why this is so? It's not a big deal for me, I'm not into games, but I'd like to get better ***, just because I'm retentive like that.

heretikos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Yes. I am the dumbass. Now please, please explain to me, someone, why I can't upgrade the AMD graphics card in this. I can the CPU and that's not easy. Why can't I the GPU??

heretikos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
How do you figure? There are re-sellers that put different components in the 14-2160se. I'm a total moron with this, but after looking as much as I can up, it has to be certain kinds of i7's. There are 14-2160's that come with i7's that HP did not make. And other folks put them in there. I'ts not hard to do, you just have to get the right kind. I know nothing about the GPU. You sound like your talking about the intergrated graphics. Isn't that what's soldered onto my i5? But it's switchable to the AMD GPU. Isn't that replacable? I'm reading that it is easy to upgrade and then I'm reading that you can't. I don't get it.

heretikos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
OK, sorry for the name calling. Clearly I'm the dumbass here. I was under the impression if I had discrete graphics, I could upgrade it. There are several articles online that say how to do this and have no mention of you needing to have a certain computer. I'm still very happy with the Envy 14-2160se and I'm very confident I can put a i7 in it. Look it up... You can buy them with an i7 and they have the same motherboard and all that. It just has to be certain ones, the same socket and ***.

TRENDING THREADS